Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked up a nice 1894 .44 magnum (1976) fixer-upper for a good price. $225 with a $55 burden for a total of $280. The action was jammed with the lever in the open position. Reason: The loading spring screw was gone and the loading spring had fallen inside. Easy fix with a new screw.

Good bore, no rust, decent blueing, but the wood needs work. Also, came with a Bushnell 3-9 scope.

Upon disassembly and closer inspection (oh-oh)) the ejector is missing! How does that happen???

I've checked with Weisener's, Numrich , and all the gun parts and internet sights I can think of with no results. Worst case, I think I can make one with a lot of frustration.

Anyone no where one can be found? Picture below shows the old style I'm looking for. Thanks,

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yes, they are still available. I got one for mine at Williams IIRC. Very easy part to loose. I used the fact that the ejector was missing to knock $200 off the price of mine at the pawn shop.
Laid two 1894s side by side on the counter and pointed the missing piece out. Did not now if anything else was missing.
CF

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info. guy's.

Everyone is out of stock!

The one in stock at Numrich isn't the correct one, although they show the right one, but out of stock.

Well, I spent almost an entire day and made one myself. I used a hacksaw blade for the spring steel. It was just the right thickness. A lot of grinding and trial & error.
I had to remove the temper from the steel in order to bend it. The challenge was to re-temper it back to a spring. It seems to work OK, at least as good as the ejectors on my other Marlins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts