Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back i read on here that Remlin was going to produce a run of new .444 leverguns. Did anyone hear if they did? Or does anyone have any info of if or when they might run again? Much appreciate any credible info.Boarmaster.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I know they made a small run of 444 in January. A couple if new Remlin 444 SS have popped up, but I haven't heard much about them. Remington was supposed to make another run of 444 Marlins last month and ship this month, but I have note heard whether that has happened or not.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have heard that too. Can't say if they have yet, haven't seen any in my favorite LGS'. I have seen a new 336 in my old favorite small caliber, the 35 Rem! I'd say keep watching and there probably will be some new T4's coming to your favorite LGS! Regards, Randy

Team 35 #523
336 in 35 Rem 1969
336 in 35 Rem 1979
444S 1974
1895 SBL 2014

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I think the second run has shipped. I got a notification from Davidson's, last week, indicating that there was an inventory change; and their site did have updated information. The model, of course, is still listed as "allocated" though.

I still haven't seen one in person.

I was hoping to cross paths with something from the first run, but it didn't happen.
The shop I ordered mine through turned out to be a bunch of greedy, unprofessional idiots. Since I had (politely) refused to put more than $20 down on the rifle, I simply told them to 'get bent' when they tried to bend me over a barrel on multiple-firearm transfer that had previously been arranged. Combine that with the fact that .444 Marlin lever guns are so rare here that it may as well be a four-letter-word, and I have no hopes of seeing or handling one any time soon.

Reactions: Boarmaster

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I have dibbs on a new production 444 that is on order at a LGS, but with backorders years out (supposedly) it may be years before that shop sees one in.
I went and just bought an '05 SS on GB. I was actually hoping I'd get out bid, but no dice. The reason why I wish I got outbid is because the day after I placed my bid, my truck somehow :hmmmm: ended up with a cracked front diff. Yikes. The crack is up high and I am hoping it holds out till next month.
The reason why I bought the '05 is because Flat Top doesn't sound very enthused about working on a Remlin. Ultimately, there is a 22" Safari Grade in my future.:driver:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think the second run has shipped. I got a notification from Davidson's, last week, indicating that there was an inventory change; and their site did have updated information. The model, of course, is still listed as "allocated" though.

I still haven't seen one in person.

I was hoping to cross paths with something from the first run, but it didn't happen.
The shop I ordered mine through turned out to be a bunch of greedy, unprofessional idiots. Since I had (politely) refused to put more than $20 down on the rifle, I simply told them to 'get bent' when they tried to bend me over a barrel on multiple-firearm transfer that had previously been arranged. Combine that with the fact that .444 Marlin lever guns are so rare here that it may as well be a four-letter-word, and I have no hopes of seeing or handling one any time soon.
Well, at least not anything that was meant to be a 444 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts