Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased a nib marlin 45-70, 22''bbl,pistol grip stock. the barrel has the [rep] stamp on the right side followed by an "F". the firearms ser# is MR081XXA. can anyone tell me when and where this was manufactured? I bought the gun before i found this great website and some of the horror stories in the "rants" have me worried.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome! The information and experience the members contribute has helped a newbie like me a great deal. Don't know much about how the Remington made marlins are being numbered. My REP stamped stbl has been great, if you got to look over/cycle your new baby prior to purchase you outta be good! post pics!
Matt

·
Administrator
23,818 Posts
The F is the first letter of what you will say if you shoot a 550gn Hammerhead. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
swany said:
The F is the first letter of what you will say if you shoot a 550gn Hammerhead. ;D
;D ;D hahaha............good one swany!

Jburger........ welcome to the madness! Have you shot your new rifle yet?

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Hi and welcome from Bundaberg, Australia. If you have any problems or questions, some one on this site will steer you in the right direction and with credible info.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Remington ??? whats that! ;D ;D ;D Not sure about the SN's on Remington rifles but no doubt it has been made in the last sixteen months or so. ;) Welcome to MO 8) 8) 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.