Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Remlin 39A that I purchased used. It has been problematic from the first day I tried it out. It's a pretty rifle, but it's been plagued with FTFs and extraction failures. I've since fixed those problems, but in the mean time, I walked in the local gun shop. I spied a 1952 39A looking lonely and neglected. It had an old Weaver K4 scope mounted on a Weaver rail. They were asking a little too much for it and I asked about buying it without the scope. They knocked off $75.00 for the scope which made the price affordable. The gun was dirty and grungy and looked pretty bad. I took the thing home, cleaned it up and it turned out to be pretty decent. Actually, the wood is in great shape for being 62 years old. There is a little patina on the receiver sides and the bluing on the barrel is pretty rough and thin. The barrel is shiny and looks to be in good shape. The action is smooth and shows little wear. I mounted a Leupold 2-7x scope I wasn't using and headed for the range. It functioned great and accuracy was pretty good at 50 yards. I didn't really need another 39A, but I'm not sorry I bought it for $400.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I don't think anyone here would have passed on that one. You did well. Find you a receiver mounted peep sight and you'll be good to go. Thank for sharing. Enjoy it.

By the way, marlinsighthoods.com offers the correct round sight hood.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Looks good! Happy shootin!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys!

I don't think anyone here would have passed on that one. You did well. Find you a receiver mounted peep sight and you'll be good to go. Thank for sharing. Enjoy it.

By the way, marlinsighthoods.com offers the correct round sight hood.
Thanks for the info on the sight hood!

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Well, since you said you really didn't need another 39A I could buy it from you, if I have to, I guess. I hate to see a guy have too many 39A's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, since you said you really didn't need another 39A I could buy it from you, if I have to, I guess. I hate to see a guy have too many 39A's.
:hmmmm: Well... dog gone it, that's a mighty generous offer. I'm not completely convinced, but I'm told you can't have too many 39A's. I'll sure keep you in mind though. :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.