Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, but I have created a new monster. I took my girl friend (really a life partner) to the range today. She met a friend of mine's wife who is a shooter. The day progressed normally with the girl friend bonding with the other lady shooter. Then on the way home,with little conversation, but later while I was in the garage heating up the smelting pot, out she comes with her Tablet and say let me show you this gun I have been looking at. It was a 338 and ask isn't this a nice rifle. I immediately reached up and felt he forehead,, and said yep Marinlitis. Woe be me to any more alone time.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Nothing better than a woman who loves to shoot!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Man sucks to be you. Steve

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I think I like your friend. Steve

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Life will never be the same for either of you. Best of Luck with Her and the Illness.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2:driver:

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Premium Member
16,813 Posts
Hey Grunt,

She will then need a 39A, a 336 in .35, a couple of "Mini" Hypens, a 38-55 and a 45/70.

Better get cranking on that reloading press!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
363 Posts
You better hang onto that lady! It is great to have a partner that shares an interest in the shooting sports. My first date with my wife was to Sportsmans Warehouse to look at pistols for her. After we looked at a few and had lunch, I took her to my home range to shoot a few pistols. I knew that if she was putting me on she would not shoot well. Not to worry, she is a great shot, it was love at first round downrange.
FM

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Look at the bright side..............when the Base Commander likes to shoot, the ammo budget goes way up!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lord I wish I could get my darlin wife to go shooting with me. She tolerates my sickness but wont go shooting.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Steve, my lady friend is Japanese and I reminded her that Emperor Hirehito lost the was war because he would not listen to his generals. So she needed to listen to me. However, she replied, you are not a general.
Okay, I thought that was actually Hitler. Hirehito got into trouble by actually listening to his generals and not heeding Admiral Yamamoto. Not that it makes any difference to the obviously present outbreak of Marlinitis at your household. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
My wife and I are heading to the range in an hour or so. I think it's great to have her with me hunting and shooting. I don't have to hide the irresponsible purchases with this marriage.

·
Registered
726 Posts
My wife has only shot my .22 Marlin and My 1911. She wants her own guns now but funds have been tight. Enjoy making your monster happy LOL

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Another plus to this scenario, you have brought one more into the fold. I have always believed there was plenty room for more people across the world to join in the gun loving shooting world. Once this is embedded in your partner's way of life with no chance of recourse, have her bring a friend to one of your range trips and grow the numbers.

I think it is great she is interested. As PJ suggested, the gun related spendable income in your household will increase as her interests increases. One suggestion, start with smaller calibers and work up at her pace.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I wish my wife would take to shooting...she is a supporter, but it would so much easier satisfying my marlinitis if she were on board...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It's great to see the women take interest in you guys' hunting and shooting experiences. I've always said that a family that shoots together, stays together. Irresponsible purchases! Haha I love that. I could write a book about being irresponsible. You all have my blessings, may you all grow old together among great big gun collections.

I need to go buy another Marlin, I can just feel it in my bones.

Ron

1 - 20 of 27 Posts