Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Mike and I live in Pennsylvania. I grew up in nw Pa and remember 50-60 deer seen days. The majority of rifles were lever actions, mostly Winchesters 94s and Marlin 36 and 336s. My current "collection" consists of a model 36 30-30, a 1972 336 in 35 Remington and a model 62 in 256 Win. I shoot cast bullets in all 3 and shoot the 256 the most. I also had a first year new model 95 45-70 with which I killed several deer and regret selling. Don't believe anyone who says cast bullets aren't accurate in micro-groove barrels. I hope to learn as much about Marlins here as I have Savage 99s on the 24hr campfire Savage Collectors forum.

· Registered
2,141 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Tennessee 👍

· Registered
60 Posts
Hi my name is Mike and I live in Pennsylvania. I grew up in nw Pa and remember 50-60 deer seen days. The majority of rifles were lever actions, mostly Winchesters 94s and Marlin 36 and 336s. My current "collection" consists of a model 36 30-30, a 1972 336 in 35 Remington and a model 62 in 256 Win. I shoot cast bullets in all 3 and shoot the 256 the most. I also had a first year new model 95 45-70 with which I killed several deer and regret selling. Don't believe anyone who says cast bullets aren't accurate in micro-groove barrels. I hope to learn as much about Marlins here as I have Savage 99s on the 24hr campfire Savage Collectors forum.
Welcome from Northern Wisconsin, I to recall the early sixty’s and what seemed like a lot of deer sightings. I was much more mobile , covered more ground , was fun . Lot’s of old lever rifles around to, I still remember one of our standers levering out his 30/30 cartridges from what musta been a old 1894 with a 30” barrel, I swore those shells were piled halfway to his knee. I to am new to this site and my only complaint being that some tend to get carried away with their conversations. It is about rifles , and to me , the older the better 😑 enjoy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts