Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Hey there Johno, welcome to Marlin Owners from the West edge of America.

Looking forward to checking out your posts, and if you got any pics, them too!

Brocky

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Brocky, (my son's name is Brock, he is 16 and shoots as much as me). Never been to the west edge of America, hell, I'll have to get over there some day, also got a 70 mustang, we like America, also got a Remington 700 338. Gun laws here are bizzare. I am ex Army Reserve from 81 - 82 and used SLR's and M60, F1 9mm, but cant own a pump action shotgun. Glad to see you unite !

cheers

Johno

·
Registered
482 Posts
Greetings from Liberty, Texas USA.

I am pleased to speak with a gun owner from Down Under.

We get a lot of odd information about gun ownership in Australia. Would you be so kind as to explain your gun laws? You have seen changes in your 50 years. I'd be interested in the changes in the law and in "gun culture" there.

By the way, my dad fought alongside Aussies all across northern New Guinea. He said ya'll won the war because ya'll were fighting for your homeland. He said that ya'll were tough customers.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Welcome from the Illinois flatlands!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Welcome from SW Arkansas. I have a ghost ring set up on my 1895G and love it. It is more fun to shoot than any other rifle I have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Liberty, Texas USA,

Gun laws down under, interesting subject, basically we have gun licence classes, these are class A (air rifles & 22 rimfire, single or DB shotguns) class B (muzzle loaders & centerfire - not semi auto or pump action) class C (self loading 22 rimfire - no more than 10 rounds, self loading shotgun - no more than 5 rounds, pump action shot gun - no more than 5 rounds) class D (self loading rimfire - more than 10 rounds, self loading centerfire & shotgun with capacity of more than 5 rounds) class H (all handguns). All firearms must be unloaded and locked in steel safe when not in use, ammo must be stored seperately. Cannot use the term "self defense' to buy a firearm. Very hard to get any semi auto firearm, you must prove to police that you need this, ie, property owner with wild pigs where you need a quick second shot, but they can simply say "forget it". Pump action anything is just as hard. The police do random checks on gun owners houses, if you gun is not secure, you lose it and go to court. this happened in my suburb last month. - Johno

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Hi, I,m a new member, my name is Johno and live in Adelaide South Australia. I own a 45/70 guide gun. Reload my own ammo and a member of the Para Range rifle club. Age 50 and like shooting.
Johno welcome to MO, dont worry about ya age you'l grow up soon enough :biggrin:. Seen as ya here, get over to the 336 thread and click on the Australian and New Zealand Marlin Owners groupe, (ANZMO).There is a section there for joining up, Wags is the Man, all the more the merrier.

GUS

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Welcome from an old squirrel hunter. Cheers:beerglass:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.