Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I just joined the group......, after being a long time bolt action shooter, I decided to try one of these neat looking lever guns for a change of pace. Went out and got me a brand new 336SS, it's the stainless 30-30. I haven't even shot it yet and I'm thinking I'll also be needing me an 1895 in 45-70. Oh man....., this is gonna be FUN!!![/img]

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Oh, dear -- another one succumbs to Marlinitis. Ah, well, they say misery loves company, and the love of Marlins is a fine misery, indeed. Welcome! But beware -- my total Marlin levergun count is now up to 6, and I am closely eying prospective numbers 7 and 8.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
You are in trouble now brother!! But what a way to start!! :lol: You started with a very nice rifle. You will have to get that baby fired up for Ranch Dogs postal match IV... Dont stop with just 2 Marlins. Welcome aboard

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome aboard!

You might even get to the point that the safe won't allow a bolt gun in it!

A little OT but a Q for both clarkfork and SS, where do you all hail from? SS I think you told me once but well CRS.

Personally I live right where Al, Ga and Fl run together.

Range report, range report!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bman said:
Welcome aboard!

You might even get to the point that the safe won't allow a bolt gun in it!

A little OT but a Q for both clarkfork and SS, where do you all hail from? SS I think you told me once but well CRS.

Personally I live right where Al, Ga and Fl run together.

Range report, range report!

Thanks for the welcome guys.........., I'll post a range report asap! Bman, I'm in NW Georgia, about 40 miles from Atlanta. I'm a transplant to this area from the Pacific Northwest - man, I miss them mountains!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
welcome aboard..after you see the accuracy you want stop at 2 :shock:

good luck and good shootin'

·
Registered
482 Posts
Small world my girlfriend lives in Buford very close to 'the Mall of Georgia'. After I finish this degree I'm moving that way. Looks like graduation is (hopefully) December 06.

Looking forward to hearing about that 336SS. And possibly a trip to the range?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Bman, I am from Florence Alabama, in the Northwestern corner of the State. What you studying?

Clarkfork, tell a little about how you came to be a lever action fan...

SS

·
Registered
482 Posts
SS I am a Theology major at BCF in Graceville and hope to do some graduate work after I finish this degree.

B.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
It is reaching epidemic proportions folks and the government has not found a cure for it, help help :lol: :lol: :lol: Just every so often it does hit and innocent and just takes control of their lives. I won't say this like it is a bad thing. The only known cure is recurring, and your health care won't cover it. The best way of controlling it is to get a home loan buy all the ones you want, at least it will be tax deductable. Welcome to the dieseased side of our club and have a lot of fun. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts