Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. Live in Texas (north Dallas area) and joined because I learned today that Marlin made a .41 Mag rifle. I figure this is the place to learn more, hopefully get pointed in the direction of one for sale, and well . . .

I really would appreciate any guidance, information on things to look for, where to shop, etc. for a 1984FG. If anyone has posted a thread on the differences in the models, years, upgrades, etc, please send me a link to the post, no need to repost everything, just tell me where to look. Otherwise, tell me where one is for sale. Found one today on one of the sale sites, seems the only ones out there are "collectors" and I don't collect, I shoot. If I buy it, I will shoot it. I am sure there are some rifles that are long term investments, but I shoot first, worry about resale value later. That is not to say I won't keep a gun because I think it has potential (I own Ranger Arms SN 1094 - a left handed Governor edition 7MM Rem Mag) that I shoot, and I would part with it, but not for any price near current book value. If you are not familiar with the brand, this is NOT the "Ranger" sold by Sears and Montgomery Ward. This is the Ranger Arms built in Gainesville, TX by Joe DuBiel and Homer Koons.

Anyway, love the 41 mag. I think it is the most under appreciated round ever made. So I bought my first .41 (a Ruger Redhawk) and now would like to add an 1894 to the safe. Two guns, one ammo to load, seems like a good deal to me.

If I can't find the .41, I may just sell the Ruger or trade it for a .44 version of the same gun then buy the 1894PG (.44 Mag). My first preference is to find the .41.

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! The 41s are hard to find, but they are out there! Model number I believe is 1894FG but I may be wrong on that. I have an 1894C (357) that I bought to pair up with a S&W 586 so I understand your logic! Wish I could help more! John

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Hey there PA, welcome to MarlinOwners from California.

The 1894FG, one of the hardest Marlins to find, and one of the best.

These days, if you find one for $1200 - even $1500 - go for it. Could be a while before one comes back around.

A year ago, I would have said $1000 was too much to even consider, but now...

The secret's out. Everybody knows about the .41, so good luck in yer hunt.

And post pics when you find one. We like them pics!

Brocky

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.
A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
​Welcome from a fellow Texan in H-town...

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
fat fingers

Welcome from SW Arkansas. I too love the .41 and have three revolvers in that caliber. I would love to have the 1894 but will not pay the amount required to own one.
well I fixed the misspelled word and changed the title in the process.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado. Best of luck on your search.

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
20,502 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! Those .41's show up occasionally, so hopefully with some patience and searching you'll find what you want. Just be ready to jump when you do see one though, ha!
Good luck to you...

·
Super Moderator
16,009 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum.........................

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome and good lick

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners! Yeah a .41 is also on my list. Good luck in the search!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts