Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been looking to find a nice lever action .22 for a while, bought a Henry last year it was a great gun until it started jamming rounds-gone! Bought a Browning BL 22 great quality piece but the 33 degree lever just didn't work for me-gone!

So I found a used (like new) 2011 39A Golden...researched the 'Remlin' FTF issue and figured I would get lucky. Aw well, I didn't. It failed to fire 40% of what I fed it. On the upside at least it looks beautiful and I'm sure I'll find a smith to fine tune it to perfection if I search around this site!
2011 Marlin 39A Golden (10).JPG 2011 Marlin 39A Golden (18).JPG Marlin 39A Golden.JPG 2011 Marlin 39A Golden (5).JPG 2011 Marlin 39A Golden (6).JPG

·
Super Moderator
16,009 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

Reactions: adoinmo

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! Hope you get that working as it should...

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Welcome from Florissant! Hope you get that rifle in good working order soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Guys, I'm sure I will..it was just too pretty to pass up with beautiful Black Walnut and it just 'felt' right. It sure didn't like Winchester hollow points 333 bulk, but shot all but 1 of the solid round nose Blazers. Thx again!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome adoinmo. It is a nice one. I'm sure these folks here know of the fix. Just gotta look around or wait for one of em to show up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...That's right Fun Junky, I'll be happy for any (hopefully local to St. Louis area) referrals I can get...I think it's a keeper so it needs to go bang every time. Thanks!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello adoinmo and Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum, from the state of Louisiana!!!

Team 45-70 #1214
cajunjohn

"This is America," "Everyone's got a bone to pick."

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! We're glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com adoinmo. I can't really offer a suggestion to sort out your model 39 in our neighborhood. You might send a PM to papajohn. He lives in the city and is more likely to have a suggestion than me. All my levers but one work like a hot knife through butter. The one 1895G my wife had that gave us trouble was easily remedied with suggestions in our gunsmithing forum here. I've only had drill and tap type work done by a smith in the area on any of mine.

I did have a barrel swapped on my wife's Texan late last year. Bill's Gunsmithing in Silex, MO did an excellent job on that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks you very much BFPGW,

I'm not too worried as I did know about the Remington take-over bugs before I bought it (just was hoping I would get lucky on mine) It would appear it can be 'sorted' into perfect working order, judging by what I have read on these boards. It also looks and feels like a quality piece to me, plus I couldn't believe how accurate it was for me at the range the first time I picked it up so I'll get her sorted and post back with the results when done.

I'll P.M the gentleman you mention to se if he has any recommended smiths in my area, Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Some time and some cheap tools like popsicle sticks and 600-1200 sand paper got the 1895G in shape for my wife to use two fingers to work the lever. That may be all you need but I have never seen the guts to a 39 to know what that takes.

Oh, and some of us would say using the term gentleman when referring to papajohn is false advertising. Just kidding PJ!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts