Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Florida neat St. Petersburg and would like to hunt pigs so I picked up a 336 in 35 Remington. I plan on reloading and am looking for some ideas where to start. One problem I already have is that I have a supply of Winchester brass and have been told I need Remington brass as it holds more powder. So for starters I need to find powder loads that fit in Winchester cases and fire 200 and 220 grain bullets. If any one knows of good places to hunt pigs near here, I would appreciate that info also. Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! Check the reloading section of the forum for some real expertise -- lots of info here so ask lots of questions. John

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana. The 35 Rem is gaining popularity here as we can trim the cases to 1.8" and maintain the same OAL for deer hunting. Beyond that I can't help you much.

·
Super Moderator
16,019 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado. You may find a small difference in case volume but if you develop a good load for either case it will work fine.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
EdOsmar - Welcome to the MO site from west Texas. I would not dispose of any Winchester brass you have just to try and find Remington. My experience is very limited with 35 Remington but I don't remember having any problems with either Winchester or Remington brass. Get a good reloadiing manual if you don't have one and look through it. Also there are a few site on the internet (one by Hornady) that give fairly good information about what can be done. As always start at the lower end of the scale and work up until you find what your particular rifle likes. Good luck in you search. Shenandoah

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Southeast Kansas!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Gotta' love those .35 rems... :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from Michigan's Thumb area.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Georgia!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

1 - 20 of 31 Posts