Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Marlin 60's action screws do not have slots for a flathead screwdriver. Don't look like hex, what do I need to unscrew? Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep, That was a surprise to me too! Luckily I full sets of hex drivers. And mine is a Mayfield KY from about 2014. Just in case you haven't looked yet, Arrowdodger has videos of dis-assembly and mods on YouTube - just search his logon for them. I have a few bits in threads here, too. As do many others . . . Lots of info on these guns.
Welcome to the 'hood.:star:
Ed

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Gtown welcome to the forum. good luck with your 60.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for input.... next question. Is the top rail the std 3/8 or 11mm. Mine sure looks like 11mm.

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Ohio

·
Registered
298 Posts
My new Marlin 60's action screws do not have slots for a flathead screwdriver. Don't look like hex, what do I need to unscrew? Thanks
Someone will come along soon with an exact answer but I’ve noticed that new Marlin 60’s have a different type of main screw, I assumed it was a hex. I would only know to try my bits and see which one fits.

To remove stock, you also have to remove the rear trigger guard screw.

The top rail is 3/8”.

I re-torque stock after disassembly as follows: main screw around 18-20 inch pounds and rear trigger guard screw around 10-12 inch pounds.

·
Registered
19,472 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kinda wish someone would sell a replacement set that was changeable with a slotted and or Philips screw driver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts