Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This collection was left to me, looking for thoughts, opinions and fair values
guns 3.jpg Guns 2.jpeg Guns 1.jpg
The display of #'s 20 & 4 are 39A with #20 being the 90th anniversary. #'s 27, #12, #8 and #11 are all 22's. #18 is a 41c, #13 is a 30/30, #7 is 336RC 30/30, #21 is a 336RC 35 Remington, #16 is a 32/40, #25 is a 38/55, #26 is a 40 Cal, #19 is a 444​

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
Wow! Some smart folks will be along to give you some ideas on them. You should make a list corresponding to the numbers on the rifles, giving the caliber and model. Some calibers are more desirable than others.

I'll say it again, WOW!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The display of #'s 20 & 4 are 39A with #20 being the 90th anniversary. #'s 27, #12, #8 and #11 are all 22's. #18 is a 41c, #13 is a 30/30, #7 is 336RC 30/30, #21 is a 336RC 35 Remington, #16 is a 32/40, #25 is a 38/55, #26 is a 40 Cal, #19 is a 444

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio.

Wow! I'll say it too.

Looks like you've got some studying up to do.

What do you intend to do with those beauties? I'll ask it, or someone else will before long.

So far, you've fine with the rules of the forum. To avoid running afoul, don't post anything that could suggest you are soliciting offers. New members must have 25 posts (not hard to do) before they can advertise anything for sale.

More and better pictures of each would be necessary to estimate value. Also the first two digits of the serial number and the letter prefix, if there is one. There are members here that can give you a good idea what each is worth.

If it comes to that, please ask advice here on Marlin Owners before you commit them to anywhere else.

That's a wonderful collection of Marlins!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Dang

Okay, after I picked my jaw up off the floor there is one thing that stuck out to me.

I'm definitely not the mos knowledgeable here and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but the bottom 3 in the first picture (#s 13, 7, 21) all have the straight stock which should make them what are called Texans.

Texans aren't common and the one in .35 Rem would be even more so.

As mentioned above the first two digits of the SN# or Letter(s) preceeding the SN# would help for precise dating of the rifles.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Welcome from the East Coast. Good thing I have my webcam covered.
It would be terrible if anyone saw me drooling on my keyboard.

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
Wow for me too. What a beautiful collection of rifles. With the first two serial numbers and individual pictures people on here can give you a pretty good idea of fair market value. We are the ones who buy and sell them probably more than any other collection of people you would find that is for sure.

·
Registered
19,682 Posts
Welcome from South Florida and nice collection!

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina. I don't know how I would react with all that laid on me. I'd probably curl up in a fetal position next to them and whimper for a while. :rofl::dancing2::star::adore:

You would be wise to hire a professional appraiser to do a hands on appraisal in my opinion. With fourteen vintage rifles, you're over five figures.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Anyone who would give you values on your inherited collection from these small images is foolish, and not well versed on old Marlins. We'd need close up pictures, plus detailed info on bore condition, and functioning. I will say that #11 is the most valuable gun in this collection by far, with #4 being a close second, and the 1881 3rd.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I have enjoyed browsing and learning thru the posts/forums. A ton of knowledge out there ( I have a long way to go).
I will post the S/N's as soon as I can. Thanks again
Welcome to MO from Midcoast Maine. Dang, you have quite a collection there. I would not post all of your serial numbers on line. You can post the letter prefixes or the first two of the serial number like Kxxxx or 18xxxx. That is all that is needed to determine the DOM for most of the JM stamped rifles. There are a few exceptions. You can leave the last couple of digits off for those.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I have enjoyed browsing and learning thru the posts/forums. A ton of knowledge out there ( I have a long way to go).
I will post the S/N's as soon as I can. Thanks again
You might also want to get pictures and serial numbers to your insurance agent along with an appraisal.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts