Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just joined but I have already gotten some very good and useful information from this site. I recently became the proud owner of a Marlin 336CS. It was made in 1986 (if I have decoded the serial number correctly) and has the JM imprint on the barrel. It appears to have received very little use; the bore is pristine and there no scratches or discernible wear on the outside metal at all. It has a Bushnell scope and what appears to be an after-market recoil pad. I have only had it out once when a friend and I sighted it in. This is my first lever gun and I am very impressed. I have read that some people are put off by the play in the trigger and and the high release weight. The play doesn't bother me but if I can't get used to the weight between now and deer season, I'll probably consider a Wild West replacement.

I'm looking forward to participating in the Marlin community.

·
Registered
21,078 Posts
Welcome to MO from South Florida! Check out the gunsmithing section for slickin' up that action/trigger before you spend your hard earned $!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome from Mass.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Hello & Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy that rifle...

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! John

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome aboard from VA. Nice socre on the 336. Lever guns get a bad rep because most never try one in a rifle caliber. My (Remlin) after Reminton screwed up Marlin 1895 guide gun is more accuarte than I can group less than 2 inches with my scope at 100 yards even with fatory wuss loads. I can probaly do better with handloadxs but the horrible winter we had has made the moutain range I drive to about inpossible to get to. Have fun and show a range report

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey JL,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana.
I have read that some people are put off by the play in the trigger and and the high release weight. The play doesn't bother me but if I can't get used to the weight between now and deer season, I'll probably consider a Wild West replacement.
The gunsmithing section is a great aid. You will need to know how to dissemble anyhow, might as well adjust the spring while you have it apart. HINT get some good gunsmith screwdrivers first.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.