Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member to the forum. I inherited my Grandfather's Marlin which I think was manufactured in 1892 or 1893. It's in great condition and I'd like to shoot it, but can't quite zero in on the ammo type. I think it used the short Colt .32's. Would greatly appreciate some help. Here are some pictures:
IMG_2192.JPG IMG_2193.JPG IMG_2194.JPG IMG_2202.JPG IMG_2203.JPG

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Welcome from "Way out Here" in Ga!!! 1919?

·
Registered
29,888 Posts
Wow!

Nice Marlin!

Welcome to the forums from south Louisiana.

cajun56

Reactions: GrumpyBear

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Welcome to the camp from northeast Indiana. C'mon over and sit by the fire. Help yourself to the coffee. About 45 years ago, I had a Marlin .32 convertible but I do not remember the model number. It loaded thru the magazine tube like yours. It had 2 firing pins you could switch out quite easily. With the rimfire pin installed, it would handle either .32 rimfire longs or .32 rimfire shorts. I could still get .32 rimfire ammo back then. It was CIL out of Canada. With the central fire pin installed, it would handle .32 Short Colt or .32 Long Colt ammunition. That was my first Marlin and I wish I'd have kept it.

·
Super Moderator
15,611 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

Reactions: GrumpyBear

·
Premium Member
11,276 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Premium Member
15,348 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners,
A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

Reactions: cajun56

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Beautiful Rifle, Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum from the Panhandle of Texas, if you scroll down the page a little further there is the Marlin collecters forum they might be able to give you some information on your rifle..

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. Nice rifle.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Very nice ! Welcome from Central NY !

·
Administrator
23,784 Posts
Don't know squat about the .32 but it is most likely rimfire. Conversions to centerfire I'm sure have been done. I'd go with another rimfire convert to say .22 mag if it will take that pressure.

These guys in the collectors will give you more answers than I'll ever know. Marlin Collectors

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana.
Nice rifle in very good shape.

·
Premium Member
13,428 Posts
Welcome, very nice old Marlin. Thanks for joining us!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Nice rifle and welcome from southeast Wisconsin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts