Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just registered after lurking for quite a bit now...

I am a member of thehighroad.org, thefiringline.com and ar15.com under the same username "ddc".

Picked up one of the "Big 5 specials", a 1894 .357, a while back.

That's all for now, just wanted to say "hello".

So... Hello! :wink:

Good shooting,
ddc.

·
Registered
363 Posts
And "Hello," to you, and welcome. Lots of interesting, informative, and at times, controversial posts here.

L.W.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Me too!

I am a member of the "Big 5 1894 on sale" club, too! LOL! I have had my .357 for almost exactly one year. Circumstances have prevented me from shooting it too much but that doesn't stop the love! Looking forward to some good load development work this fall and winter.

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Welcome to the best board, ddc! There's lots of good folks with good advice, if you have a silly question, feel free to ask, we promise not to make fun of you, only because we all asked the same questions years ago.

I think you'll quickly find you've bought one of the best all-around rifles on the planet, bar none. It's great for varmints, big varmints, feral dogs and cats, and even deer, when loaded properly. And let's not forget the best use for any cheap-to-feed-gun, plinking! You didn't say what (if any) other guns you have, but I think you'll be immensely satisfied with that new blaster, and the fact that you got a good deal on it only makes it that much more enjoyable. It doesn't have to have hundred/thousand dollar wood on it to be a favorite gun, all mine are pretty, but all are used like they have birch stocks on them. A working gun is a hunting/fun/play gun, a few dings only give it more character. Enjoy that gun the best way possible......try to wear it out!

Once again, welcome to the best forum there is.

Papajohn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts