Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up shooting my Mom's 336 R-C. Dad had bought it for her in 1956 and she used it when they went deer hunting in Idaho. Time has passed and when my Dad passed away my Mom gave me her rifle. She didn't want it any more.

I have it now and looking at the condition, I need to do a few things to preserve it. The stock is split and nails holding it together. A recoil pad was put on for Mom. The band screws are damaged. So when able to post I want to get a butt stock, spacer and butt plate so I can shoot it. There is a crack at the tang and I want to preserve the old stock and not destroy when shot. Hoping that I can get some help here and getting the correct stock for a R-C.

My son inherited his other Grandpa's Winchester 30-30 so we are trying to make plans to have shoot off.
Thanks
Ron

· Registered
2,958 Posts
Welcome from Georgia. Without pictures it's hard to tell how bad it is. There are people here that work wonders on these types of things. You may be able to keep it original. Take a few pics and wait for them to show up and advise you how to go.

· Registered
2,141 Posts
Welcome #3 from the great state of Tennessee (y)

As for a butt stock, I'd look to Boyds gun stocks and see if they have one that would work.

Reactions: utvolsfan77

· Super Moderator
16,548 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

· Premium Member
6,807 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!!

· Premium Member
510 Posts
Welcome from Texas! It appears you'll have the Marlin VS Winchester rivalry right in your houshold. Smooth VS clanky! LOL

· Registered
4,187 Posts
Welcome from the state of Washington and pictures would definitely be helpful.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts