Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this site and this is my first post needing some help! I was given my Grandpa's Marlin 410 lever action ser#1943 shotgun, those given out by Marlin for buying company shares in the late 1920's. I was needing to know which model action it was built on and some help with parts. Everything is working but loading and ejection is sporadic. I would like to replace the ejector and magazine tube spring. Also the butt plate looks like it was carried resting on the tractors exhausted manifold when haying (Grandpa used it for sage chicken, badgers, skunks and occasional close up Parriedogs). If I could replace those three parts I would be extremely happy. Any info about this little Marlin lever gun would greatly be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Hi and welcome from Micanopy Florida. Pictures would be great and when the people who know the answers to your questions come along it will help them help you.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum................................

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Kentucky! I don't know about that model, but I'm sure there are members on here that do
BoB

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
welcome from Texas
try numrich gun parts (egunparts)

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Hey L,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
20,520 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! I am of the impression that the 410 lever is built on the 1895 action but I'm not sure of that! Wish I could help more. John

·
Registered
211 Posts
welcome if you can't find help here you probably can't find it at all. Great People and loads of interesting info here!.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Welcome and good luck in the parts hunting. Steve

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! egunparts probably has your parts that you need. Type in a search for Numrich Gun Parts and you can't miss. Those were neat little shotguns, obviously not a lot of them made either. Good luck in getting her back going!

Ron

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Love this site and this is my first post needing some help! I was given my Grandpa's Marlin 410 lever action ser#1943 shotgun, those given out by Marlin for buying company shares in the late 1920's. I was needing to know which model action it was built on and some help with parts. Everything is working but loading and ejection is sporadic. I would like to replace the ejector and magazine tube spring. Also the butt plate looks like it was carried resting on the tractors exhausted manifold when haying (Grandpa used it for sage chicken, badgers, skunks and occasional close up Parriedogs). If I could replace those three parts I would be extremely happy. Any info about this little Marlin lever gun would greatly be appreciated.
Welcome from NE Indiana. I think those were 2-1/2" chambers, not sure though. It would be great to practice moving targets with:)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

1 - 20 of 29 Posts