Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been competing .22 prone target for the last 6 years with some success but wanted to aquire something a little more fun so I am now the proud owner of a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited Edition in .44 Mag. Made in 200 it has a 24" octaganal tapered barrel and is in mint condition. I will be using it for target shooting at my local club range and have set up to reload.

John

<my member name comes from the fact i used to do a lot of scuba diving>

· Super Moderator
16,455 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

Reactions: Lever Jac

· Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Welcome Gasmuncher from down state NY, you have the rifle I wish I had. Good luck with that
1894 - 44 mag.
TO NY🗽

Reactions: Lever Jac

· Registered
7,061 Posts
Been shooting prone rifle for over 40 years. Age takes its toll though.🥴
I pretty much cant, following surgury for a spine injury when in my 30s. It just doesnt work, so I stick to off hand, kneeling or bench. No complaints, the surgeon told me he could fix the damage, but I may never walk again. He did, I did.

· Registered
8,370 Posts
John

Welcome to the Forum. Consider yourself VERY fortunate to own such a FINE Marlin rifle. That particular model is as "Scarce as hens teeth" where I live. :p

Mike T.

Reactions: REK

· Registered
21,632 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts