Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum today. I've been doing a lot of research for a new rifle purchase and found so much good information here. There is such a wealth of information in these pages which I have only scratched the surface.

I'm not really an avid hunter or even much of a gun owner, but that is slowly changing now. In my younger days I did some deer and bear hunting locally, but never anything very serious. I have always loved shooting my .22's around the homestead.

I kind of lost interest some years ago - actually sold all my guns 20 years ago to help come up with the down payment of my dream house/property then. I now realize what a huge mistake that was, and now am slowly buying back as I can afford it.

I was forced into early retirement because of a disability. I don't like to harp on that, but a lot of things have changed in my life because of that. My renewed interest in firearms has a bit of a different goal now, but is bringing me a certain satisfaction now which I consider a hobby of sorts that I can work on.

I look forward to combing through all the valuable information here. I can be long winded some times so beware of that. I tend to spend a lot of time on-line at various forums researching and sharing experiences. I rather be out in the woods the whole time but I just can't do that anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,507 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from SE, Pennsylvania! Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma!

·
Registered
20,306 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
15,421 Posts
welcome from Texas

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from central PA... glad to have you on board!

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Hey Stan,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Welcome from us in the center of the state, grew up in the NW, still hunt there, gotta get back there for good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much for the overwhelming warm welcome everyone!

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! I can relate some, only luckily I never sold anything, they just went into temporary-retirement at the back of the closet when my passions turned to bowhunting for about 20 years. Then my disability pretty much brought all that to a sudden end, can no longer play the 'mountain goat' role like I did, together with my job and income etc. taking a hit, it was quite the personal eyeopener. Anyway, the last couple of years my interest in shooting has returned, and also want to start reloading as a hobby now too.. if I can get myself set up this year. Lots of neat info and people in here... enjoy!

Reactions: coaltrain

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Welcome to the forums from southern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome aboard! I can relate some, only luckily I never sold anything, they just went into temporary-retirement at the back of the closet when my passions turned to bowhunting for about 20 years. Then my disability pretty much brought all that to a sudden end, can no longer play the 'mountain goat' role like I did, together with my job and income etc. taking a hit, it was quite the personal eyeopener. Anyway, the last couple of years my interest in shooting has returned, and also want to start reloading as a hobby now too.. if I can get myself set up this year. Lots of neat info and people in here... enjoy!
I've had to adapt a lot of things. Calling it a personal eyeopener is being nice - it had turned my life upside down 1.5 years ago and can relate with the loss of income etc. But, as my sig line says, it is what it is. I've overcome a heck of a lot and now find it a challenge to find things that I enjoy doing that I can actually do without hurting. I had to give up all my other hobbies, and turned back to my photography first. Now as I've said getting back into shooting (guns that is).

Last summer I set myself up with a big camera tripod so I could do some target shooting with my .22 - actually worked quite well! I have a nice size deck which I can shoot in any direction I want from and am planning to setup a shooting bench of sorts on the railing.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome to MO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts