Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first gun I bought when I turned legal was a new Marlin golden 39A anniversary model 22 rifle in 1971. Shot the bejabbers out of that gun for 10 years and after I moved to Indianapolis someone broke into my house and stole it. Really ticked me off. A few years later my father bought me a used 39A to replace it but it just was not the same gun. Still over the years I have picked up used guns that caught my eye and a couple weeks ago I went through the gun safes and discovered more of my rifles were Marlin than any other brand. Never really sorted them out before but it looks like I must be a Marlin guy. Prefer 22 Lever guns but have a couple model 74, some larger calibers and a Papoose although I have not fired that one yet. Still looking for good older Marlins but they are harder to find.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX!! Thanks for joining us! John

Reactions: Reload

·
Super Moderator
16,670 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - "THE "ORIGINAL 444 MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Welcome from Michigan!! I was legal in 1972 so I went and bought a brand new Winchester 190...HA One of my many not so bright moves in my younger years. Should have bought the 39a like you, but still have the 190. Anyway you will like this forum, lots of smart guys that know alot about everything.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio.

Those older Marlins are out there. Be patient. You'll find what your are looking for.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Welcome from Central NY !

·
Registered
21,237 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.