Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Glad to join and share with you that I bought a 99C back in college, 1970 and put 53 rounds through it back then. I lived on the great lakes and the only target I had was water, so I never knew how accurate it was. I haven't shot it since then until this week end when my wife, son and I had an opportunity to shoot it. Oh Boy, what fun we had. We all posted some points on the target at a range of 75 yards. Not bad for the old iron sights and having the step rear sight set on the first step. Even thought I had cleaned and oiled it about 6 months ago(I hadn't touched it in 44years-ouch), which I thought would be adequate, the rifle did jam more than it should have. Next chance we get to shoot it, I will oil it up and see if that helps. Maybe the spring is old. I don't remember it ever jamming back in 1970.

Also, I love this rifle so much I actually bought it a brother, just a few thousands difference in the serial number range. They both have the gold medallion in stock celebrating 100 years of Marlin. Can't wait to get them both oiled up and take them out and see how they performed. I also bought old Marlin sights and will be sighting them in as well. Now I will also be looking to stock up on 22lr ammo.

I will be searching this wonderful site which I have used before, to further my love of my Marlin.

Again, hello to all and I am proud to be a twice Marlin owner and a new member of the forum.

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.
A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Welcome from "Way out Here" in Ga.!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I lived on the great lakes and the only target I had was water, so I never knew how accurate it was.
Wasn't that about the time the Edmond Fitzgearld went down?:questionmark::biggrin: Try a couple of different brands of ammo, sometimes they are fussy.
Welcome to Marlin Owners from NE Indiana

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
16,009 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Welcome from an old hunter.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome frome Florida

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum...............