Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20,956 Posts
Welcome from South Florida, where the winters are spent in shorts and T shirts!😁

·
Registered
905 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I grew up on the Damariscotta. I go back to visit family and hunt every other year or so.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Welcome from Georgia. I have a classmate, Bob Greer, that runs Dean's Den hunting lodge there in Maine. Around Fort Kent somewhere.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts.... Maine began as a Massachusetts province in 1677, but 143 years later, on March 15, 1820, Maine flipped its Facebook relationship status to “single” and officially broke up with the Bay State.

Reactions: 84chevyk10

·
Registered
46 Posts
How many people on here live in maine?
Welcome! I'm a Connecticut Yankee in the swamps of Florida, looking for a retirement location in Maine, where I haven't been able to hunt since '84, outside Houlton with a Marlin 1895SS. Over the decades Uncle Sam's whims had me hunting in four other U.S. states and seven in Germany. Never feels completely like hunting unless tracking deer and bear in the snow on the Canadian border, risking both frostbite and getting lost in the Big Woods. Dirigo! Ayuh!

·
Premium Member
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Welcome from Massachusetts.... Maine began as a Massachusetts province in 1677, but 143 years later, on March 15, 1820, Maine flipped its Facebook relationship status to “single” and officially broke up with the Bay State.
Here north of Newport is true Maine.......south of Newport is Massachusetts in my book.
Welcome! I'm a Connecticut Yankee in the swamps of Florida, looking for a retirement location in Maine, where I haven't been able to hunt since '84, outside Houlton with a Marlin 1895SS. Over the decades Uncle Sam's whims had me hunting in four other U.S. states and seven in Germany. Never feels completely like hunting unless tracking deer and bear in the snow on the Canadian border, risking both frostbite and getting lost in the Big Woods. Dirigo! Ayuh!
Yessah thank you! Yea I've got a hunting camp up by houlton, love it up there, a whole different world. It is changing fast, more people coming in from all the disaster states

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire / Maine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well.......I live in Maine for about 10 days in the early part of September, and then we come home to "Rhode Island", planning what we're going to do on our next bear hunt. I love Maine, started deer hunting with my uncle 60 years ago in the Greenville area. At that particular time the Golden Road was not even finished. So......a Rhode Islander with a Mainiac heart!!!!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts