Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined in. Not very experienced in gun collecting and I'm not a hunter . I just like the mechanical aspect of guns and the workmanship.
Have a couple of Snider Enfields and some .22's for plinking .
My Marlin interest is cause I picked up an 1894 Marlin 44-40 Carbine manufactured in 1902 -so its the old style. It has a bullet feeding problem and someone had a run at fixing it and lost the sear spring and carrier rocker. So I need help. I don't want to sell it nor do I want to just hang it on the wall. It deserves to be operable.
Anyone scrapping out one of these or have the parts available // Thanks for any help Doug

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
welcome from Kawartha Lakes, Ontario

I've got a couple that old. There are some places in the US that make parts or have parts (Numrich, and I'll have to find the name of the other)

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome Doug from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here. Some of the real experts will be along shortly! Jack First guns specializes in antique parts (they're located in Rapid City South Dakota I believe). Wish I could help more. John

Reactions: kybob and 45BearGun

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado. You have a very neat rifle and I'm glad it will put back in service.
You may want to keep an eye on ebay, lots of vintage parts show up there.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Welcome Vintage to MO from Kansas. You will meet and chat with the greatest people on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
16,013 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello Doug, and Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum, from the state of Louisiana!!!
Stick around and some one will get some answer's for you.

Team 45-70 #1214
cajunjohn

"This is America," "Everyone's got a bone to pick."

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Hey Doug welcome to Marlin owners from another Canuck. You will enjoy your stay here. eh

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New york

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome from Texas