Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LGS put out a rack full of used Marlins a couple of weeks ago. I found this site and realized they were good buys. Bought a 69 prefix 336 30/30 Centennial, a 69 prefix Glenfield 30 30/30 and put a 23 prefix 444S on layaway. The see-thru mounts and cheap scopes came with them and will be replaced before this fall. They go well with the S prefix model 39 that i inherited. it was my Grandfathers and he bought it used before ww2 - its seen a lot of use!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome to MO. You found a good group of rifles. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Very nice! I see the symptoms of A bad case of marlinitis here. ;D

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Very nice family you got there I see you have the sickness too!!

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
the bug (marlinitis) has bitten again!!!! ;D ;D very nice!

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Welcome and nice lookin family!

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
You, my friend, have contracted Marlinitis, which is incurable, so ease back and enjoy it. And, by the way, welcome to MOs from NE Florida.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Looks like you are gettin ready for a wild ride of Marlinitis! Nice collection you got started there. ;) DP

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nice collection, DBH. That Glenfield looks familiar. Could I have been looking at that rifle on GunBroker in the last couple of three weeks? (:)D))

I really like that old one at the top of the photo, too. Is that the model 39 from your grandfather?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Theyre from a local store. i compared these to a couple of new "remlins". Wood to metal fit in particular was perfect on these while the new ones had gaps and proud wood over the tang.

Ive been watching gunbroker and ebay for a flat hammer spur for the glenfield - wow! Someone should start making them again at those prices.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
I was so glad to hear you say that you were going to remove the see-thru mounts! ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts