Marlin Firearms Forum banner

New Marlin owner in Birmingham, AL

2K views 26 replies 27 participants last post by  rwt1405 
#1 ·
Hi, everyone. I picked up a Marlin 336 30-30 today in a trade. It's my first Marlin ever, and I can't wait to shoot it. However, it's a 1979 gun through who knows whose hands and through what conditions. It may have never been cleaned--I don't know. Anyway, I'd like to take it completely apart and clean it up. I'll search, but can anyone recommend some good YouTube disassembly/reassembly videos. Are there any recommendations on trigger improvements (it feels good already) and scope bases or rails?

Lee

#2 ·
Welcome from "Way out Here" in Ga!!! YouTube probably could help you out and theres also Alot Good Info from Fellow Members on Here about the 336! Post Us a Pic of Your 30-30!

Reactions: moofy07 and Pereira
#4 ·
Welcome from SW Ohio. And yes, there are videos on the web about how to strip and re-assemble a 336. They're pretty rugged. Bet yours is just fine.

#5 ·
Howdy and welcome from South East Alaska!

#7 ·
Lee - welcome to MO and greetings from Ohio. As you have questions about your rifle be sure to check the "stickies" in some of the forums; there's lots of great info there. Also you can use the search function in a forum like the 336 Forum to get lots of good info on a subject related to your rifle. Hope this helps! (And then, of course, there's always just asking - I'm really good at that. :biggrin: )

#15 ·
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

#18 ·
Welcome aboard! Enjoy... and congrats on your new rifle, have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.