Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I picked up a Marlin 336 30-30 today in a trade. It's my first Marlin ever, and I can't wait to shoot it. However, it's a 1979 gun through who knows whose hands and through what conditions. It may have never been cleaned--I don't know. Anyway, I'd like to take it completely apart and clean it up. I'll search, but can anyone recommend some good YouTube disassembly/reassembly videos. Are there any recommendations on trigger improvements (it feels good already) and scope bases or rails?

Lee

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Welcome from "Way out Here" in Ga!!! YouTube probably could help you out and theres also Alot Good Info from Fellow Members on Here about the 336! Post Us a Pic of Your 30-30!

Reactions: moofy07 and Pereira

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio. And yes, there are videos on the web about how to strip and re-assemble a 336. They're pretty rugged. Bet yours is just fine.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Howdy and welcome from South East Alaska!

·
Super Moderator
17,449 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Lee - welcome to MO and greetings from Ohio. As you have questions about your rifle be sure to check the "stickies" in some of the forums; there's lots of great info there. Also you can use the search function in a forum like the 336 Forum to get lots of good info on a subject related to your rifle. Hope this helps! (And then, of course, there's always just asking - I'm really good at that. :biggrin: )

·
Banned
20,659 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome from West Central Florida.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy... and congrats on your new rifle, have fun!

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts