Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Just bought my first Marlin. I live in Indiana where only pistol cartridges are allowed for Deer, so I picked up a model 1894 in .44 Magnum. I was a little hesitant to buy a new rifle given all the hullabaloo about Remington taking over the company, but being a Remington fan from way back, I decided to take the plunge.

I bought the rifle on Gunbroker.com and got what I considered to be a hell of a deal - $475 + shipping. When it arrived I examined it really closely and was pretty satisfied. All of the screw heads were nice an the stock mated with the receiver very well. I mounted a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 scope and headed to the range.

I had picked up some Hornady Leverevolution ammo and after a few shots had the scope dialed in. The rifle functioned flawlessly, never jamming at all. I shot 3 boxes through the gun to get the feel of it. By the time I finished up I had a target that I had shot 5 rounds into at 50 yards......there were only 3 holes! 3 bullets had landed virtually on top of each other, right in the bullseye!! I can tell you, I was thrilled to death! For a guy that had never shot a lever gun in his life, this is great stuff!!! :biggrin:

I can hardly wait until deer season comes... with the way this rifle shoots, any one that come within 100 yards will end up in the freezer, no doubt in my mind.

After this great experience, it's probably only a matter of time before I start a collection of Marlins to complement my Remington collection. I'm sold!!

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Hi All, Just bought my first Marlin. I live in Indiana where only pistol cartridges are allowed for Deer, so I picked up a model 1894 in .44 Magnum. I was a little hesitant to buy a new rifle given all the hullabaloo about Remington taking over the company, but being a Remington fan from way back, I decided to take the plunge.

I bought the rifle on Gunbroker.com and got what I considered to be a hell of a deal - $475 + shipping. When it arrived I examined it really closely and was pretty satisfied. All of the screw heads were nice an the stock mated with the receiver very well. I mounted a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 scope and headed to the range.

I had picked up some Hornady Leverevolution ammo and after a few shots had the scope dialed in. The rifle functioned flawlessly, never jamming at all. I shot 3 boxes through the gun to get the feel of it. By the time I finished up I had a target that I had shot 5 rounds into at 50 yards......there were only 3 holes! 3 bullets had landed virtually on top of each other, right in the bullseye!! I can tell you, I was thrilled to death! For a guy that had never shot a lever gun in his life, this is great stuff!!! :biggrin:

I can hardly wait until deer season comes... with the way this rifle shoots, any one that come within 100 yards will end up in the freezer, no doubt in my mind.

After this great experience, it's probably only a matter of time before I start a collection of Marlins to complement my Remington collection. I'm sold!!
Welcome from Iowa---

Tis a slippery slope --tread lightly----and think "BIG" gun safe----yer' gonna need it.

Steve

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

Reactions: 1Sierraguy

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Premium Member
5,418 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Welcome aboard from southern Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Hello & Welcome to MO from Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
20,116 Posts
Welcome from South Florida and congrats on your new purchase!

·
Super Moderator
15,806 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
94 Posts
it is all down hill from here looking for marlins is half the fun,shooting them is the rest

·
Registered
510 Posts
After this great experience, it's probably only a matter of time before I start a collection of Marlins to complement my Remington collection. I'm sold!
Complement a Remington collection. HA, Given time you will be selling those remingtons to buy marlins you just have to have.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts