Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I just picked up a Marlin 795 this afternoon. My first Marlin and my first firearm. I decided on a .22LR as my first because I'm just learning to shoot and after soliciting advice from coworkers and the internet it seemed the way to go. And after more extensive research the 795 seemed to fit what I wanted. Now I just need to find some ammo... :(

Other than that I'm 35, live just south of Atlanta and have way too much fun shooting paper.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Howdy from Texas. Always happy to see one more paper puncher.

·
Premium Member
15,433 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Good solid choice for a first rifle. But be careful, Marlin Lever Action rifles are very addictive if you get bittern. Welcome from SC.

Reactions: mike ellis

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Good for you!!! Welcome to the forum from South Jersey

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Howdy from the real north Ga !! LOL

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Welcome from OK! I'm sure you'll get years of pleasure from the new Marlin. Lever guns will indeed cause you to scrimp and save, stop at out of the way pawn shops, etc. But it is worth the time and effort to find the treasures.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Congratulations on you first rifle. I agree a 22 is the way to go on a first gun. It won't take you long and you will want to get something a little bigger with a little more punch. You will know when you are ready as the desire will be most unbearable.

·
Premium Member
16,813 Posts
Hey Arkham,

Welcome to MO.

You are going to like that 795!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma!

·
Premium Member
6,509 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I already want an 1894c so I guess I'm screwed! :)
Yep, you sure are!

Welcome to the forums and to the Marlinitis addiction from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! There's a great group of nice and knowledgeable folks here who will help you in every aspect of your journey. Just be aware, there are a few enablers here who might kinda tend to get you interested in buying yet another Marlin........

We're glad you joined us!

Ron

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
The 795 is a very accurate rifle, I have one with a red dot scope on it. Welcome to the forums from southern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts