Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum, but not new to Marlins. I have had an old 336 for years that I leave at my dad's and he uses it for deer, coyotes etc. I have been wanting to get a nicer one for some time but just hadn't "pulled the trigger" yet. So I am in my local store with the "gun library" the other day actually looking for a youth 20 gauge for my son when I spotted an XLR. It is used, but you cannot tell it has ever been shot. it came with box, lock, manual etc and it has a sling, scope mount and the Cabela's BDC 30-30 lever action scope. All of the XLR's I had seen before were always over $650 and I just wasn't ready to spend that on one. When I saw the tag on this one that read $499, I figured i might want to consider it. the serial on it is a 9321xxxx, which I think makes it an 07 year prior to the Remlins.

So question for you all is on the scope. Do the Cabelas BDC lever scopes work pretty well if used with the Leverevolution ammo as it was designed?

Jason

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
Welcome to Marlin owners from Micanopy Florida. I don't know about the scope, but for the price you paid you can't go wrong. Post some pictures of your new rifle ASAP.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Sir it does not matter on the scope and its probably gone already at that price.
Those are the Chances you dont get to look twice at.
wishig you the Best
Sid

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Welcome from Ok. Sounds like a good price to me. Enjoy shooting and trying out the scope. I prefer peep sights my self.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guess i should have said that I did buy it! I have seen enough of them at much higher ptices that I was pretty sure thiat it was a good deal.

now just need to run some rounds through it. will post a few pics soon.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
20,530 Posts
Welcome from South Florida! Sounds like a y'a got yourself a good deal!:tee:

·
Registered
325 Posts
It sounds like you stole that from em! You might just have to share what store it was at, I tend to get up to KC every once and a while... Anyway congrats and welcome to Marlin Owners from Jomo!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Super Moderator
16,019 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
welcome from the swamps of Va. I installed the cabelas lever scope on my 30-30 and site in in using my handloads of the 150 gr variety. It works great and the additional reticles are spot on for my ammo out to 300+ yds. Just have to practice to be consistent at that range.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

1 - 20 of 27 Posts