Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

Two weeks ago I purchased my first Marlin, the 1895G (Guide Gun). It's a new-to-me rifle. My first used firearm that I ever purchased. Got it at a local gun store. It's in pretty good shape, one small scratch on the receiver and couple dings in the front hand guard, which is annoying, but I got over it. From what I gather it's a 2001 production (SN starts with 99), so an original Marlin North Haven, CT production, JM stamped, non-microgrooved, ported barrel. The trigger is great. No slop, play or wiggle. Not sure if original or not. It's not too light, so I'm assuming it's not a WWG trigger. It has the original sights, and I am planning on installing the XS winged peep sights kit. I love peep sights. Other than that I want to put a sling and buttstock shell holder on it. I'm leaning towards a leather sling/buttstock cover, but I'm having a hard time finding a nice combo. This is the 2nd lever gun that I've purchased. My first was a Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 back in 1999/2000, but I gave that to my brother. Been wanting a lever gun again so I got the GG. Originally I was thinking about getting either a 357mag or 44mag lever gun, but then I saw the 45-70 GG and just had to have it (always wanted a 45-70). The gun store had 2, the used one that I bought and a brand new one (non-ported barrel), which had to have been a Remington made Marlin. I'm glad that I went with the used one. Took the GG to the range last weekend with some Remington 300GR SJHPs and loved it, as did a buddy of mine who recently bought a Savage bolt-action in 30-06. He wanted to trade me for my GG... no freakin way! Can't wait to try some Garrett Hammerheads in this puppy :biggrin:

Edit: Adding requested (crappy iPhone) pics

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

·
Premium Member
15,416 Posts
congrats and welcome from Texas

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Welcome from South Florida! Congrats on your new shooter!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
welcome to the MO from the motor city. enjoy the case of marlinitis. nice looking shoulder mounted light artillery! have fun click, click ....BOOM!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! Congrats, nice looking rifle... enjoy.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! Great choice in rifles and caliber! Now settle back and enjoy that Marlinitis addiction!

Ron

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
841 Posts
Welcome from an old shotgunner.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Congratulations on your new GG. It's sweet! Welcome to MarlinOwners. Glad to have you with us!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts