Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RPP is pleased to announce an attractive new addition to its Rhino Rail scope mount line. While our original mil-spec picatinny rail, with the option of integrated backup sights, offers tremendous flexibility for shooters, we heard lots of Marlin owners say they just didn’t care for the “cheese grater” look of a picatinny rail. We listened.

Our new rail offering is lower, sleeker, flush fitting with the receiver, and designed to blend with the classic lines of your Marlin rifle. At a mere .27” tall, the new Rhino LP (low profile) is the lowest one piece Marlin scope base on the market, allowing popular compact scopes to mount as close to the bore as possible. All but two optimally positioned cross-slots have been eliminated, for an uncluttered profile. In addition to black, we’ll even offer this one in silver for stainless rifle owners. Package includes: One rail, four Torx screws, one Torx screwdriver bit for $34.99.

Still every bit as tough as the original, the RHINO LP is machined from 7075 aluminum for steel-like strength without the weight or rust. Mil spec anodizing gives the rail its rhino-like skin, generous recoil lug contact offers magnum-absorbing anchor points, and oval Torx screws ensure rock solid repeatability. We’re confident you won’t find a rail that performs better, or looks better doing it.

• Unbeatable Rhino toughness and repeatability
• Compatible with most picatinny and weaver rings
• Compatible with dovetail mounted sights
• Not compatible with RPP integrated rear sight
• Low height and flush fit (.27" H x 5" L)
• Better alignment than two-piece mounts
• 10 MOA machined in for more elevation flexibility
• Made from strong-as-steel 7075 aluminum for light weight and rust-proof lifetime
• Proudly made in Texas, from material produced in the USA

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Lookin' pretty slick there... keep up the good work!

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AZ!

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a good looking mount. It is quite similar to the one on a 336 I recently bought, very similar in design but mine is a darker blue or black color.

Rick H.
Thanks. We make them in black and silver.

Reactions: joel lee
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PIC 2: Anyone notice the universal 3/8 dovetail rear sight? Stay tuned for an announcement next week. 10 MOF members to win a free one if they promise to review it.

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
Our new rail offering is lower, sleeker, flush fitting with the receiver, and designed to blend with the classic lines of your Marlin rifle. At a mere .27” tall, the new Rhino LP (low profile) is the lowest one piece Marlin scope base on the market, allowing popular compact scopes to mount as close to the bore as possible. All but two optimally positioned cross-slots have been eliminated, for an uncluttered profile. In addition to black, we’ll even offer this one in silver for stainless rifle owners. Package includes: One rail, four Torx screws, one Torx screwdriver bit for $34.99.
Adam, not to beat you up too much but the Warne 1-piece base is still the lowest at .22" :)

I like it though, especially how you contoured the rear of the base to match the receiver contour. Does this come in silver?

1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Adam, not to beat you up too much but the Warne 1-piece base is still the lowest at .22" :)

I like it though, especially how you contoured the rear of the base to match the receiver contour. Does this come in silver?
Ouch! You're absolutely right. I wasn't aware Warne had a 1 piece base for the Marlin. I only knew about the 2 piece bases. We will change our writeup to reflect our utter defeat at the limbo game.:stickyman: To be fair, we actually found that the hammer height was the limiting factor with many scopes, provided they were mounted in low rings.

Glad you like the rail though. I do think it's the sharpest looking one out there. And just to make sure everyone understands our material selection, I'll say this: we don't use 7075-T6 aluminum because it's cheaper than steel. It's actually a lot more expensive. We use it because it's stronger than mild steel, much lighter, and never rusts. So we got that going for us... :aetsch:

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,316 Posts
Nice work Adam. Minimalist to perfection. Very pleasing rear end (no pun intended) tells me that it is exclusive to Marlins. AC

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Oh hell! Now I have no excuses anymore, I have needed a scope for my old and tired eyes for a decade or more, but I always had a excuse till today. Thank you sir for your good work and I will be placing my order later this year, when I get a replacement for my E lettered waffle top. Joel Lee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts