Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well gents, I’m in the middle of another hectic R&D push here at RPP. I told you earlier this year in another thread that y’all wouldn’t get much Marlin love this year, because we intended to focus on Steyr handgun parts. I may have misled you. Not intentionally, I just can’t stay away from Marlins for any length of time. I’m letting one of my other guys head the charge on Steyr.

So now I’m sitting on two unanticipated new Marlin parts, one launching today, and another in a couple of weeks. The ideas just possess me, until I exorcise them on the CNC table. I’m very excited about both parts, but I must refrain from talking about the latter until its day has come.

Today’s offering is a simple one. So simple it’s almost stupid. At first you might ask, “why make that?” And then, once you try one, you’re going to ask, “why didn’t you start making that a long time ago?” You’re going to want one on every Marlin you own. Seriously, it’s so slick.

First off, a BIG thanks to Navajo, Texas Shooter, Kingstrider and M1Riflenut for helping us beta test and Navajo for making an installation video for us. :five:

Marlin Featherweight Loading Gate. Available for 308, 336, 444, 450M. 1894 and 338/1895 coming soon!
Marlin Loading Gate | Ranger Point Precision

FEATURES:
* Spring weight reduced by up to 70%
* Easily load cartridges
* No tuning required, saving you time and hassle
* Greatly increased cartridge clearance
* No knife sharp edges
* Easy loading and smooth, reliable feeding
* Precisely machined from 7075 billet and hard anodized for extreme durability
* Available in black, brass or brushed natural finish to match stainless rifles
* 10-15 minute installation time

INSTALLATION VIDEO (done by our MOF buddy NAVAJO!)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M76pNOad_ipL6bt_xretai8VOFL-07pu/view?usp=sharing

·
Super Moderator
23,693 Posts
These are well worth the price.
Smooth as glass and saves the hassle of modifying an original.
In all honesty, an original gate can never be made to be this slick.
Glad I could be a small part of this.
Excuse my Texas accent on the video, LOL.

What Adam is leaving out, and the part I love about these, is that
with a simple press in on the new gate, you can quickly and almost
effortlessly unload cartridges from there.
See the video.

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are well worth the price.
Smooth as glass and saves the hassle of modifying an original.
In all honesty, an original gate can never be made to be this slick.
Glad I could be a small part of this.
Excuse my Texas accent on the video, LOL.

What Adam is leaving out, and the part I love about these, is that
with a simple press in on the new gate, you can quickly and almost
effortlessly unload cartridges from there.
See the video.
Actually great point! You mentioned that in the video and I went oh right duh! See this is why we get help from Marlin experts such as yourself to test out of our products!

Adam

·
Super Moderator
23,693 Posts
Actually great point! You mentioned that in the video and I went oh right duh! See this is why we get help from Marlin experts such as yourself to test out of our products!

Adam
Marlin expert???
Now, that is quite a compliment coming from you, Man.
Dang.

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
Wow! Now that is a modification that is many, many years over due! Thanks for thinking this one up. And Thanks to Navajo for a great instructional video. I have one on wish list and as soon as you get the the 1895 done I'll order one of each. I'm overseas right now so I can afford to wait until you have them both ready to go then I'll get both at the same time. Thanks for designing a much needed part! Looking forward to returning home and putting these on my 35 and 45-70! :congrats::congrats:

·
Super Moderator
26,259 Posts
Once again, RPP steps up to the plate with a must have product innovation! Worthy to note the obvious assist by Ranger Creek 36 Texas Bourbon Whiskey freeing up Adam's innovative mind during after hours think tank meetings. LOL

Great product Adam and I'll be ordering them for all my Marlins.

Brian, good job on the instructive video. You have potential in a new career. :top:

Jack

·
Super Moderator
11,788 Posts
In my humble opinion this is possibly the best RPP product yet and I plan to order them for all my Marlins as well. I have tested mine extensively including attempts to break it but it is a solid piece of manufacturing. Adam were you able to made the improvements in V 2.0?

·
Premium Member
14,373 Posts
What took you so long ? LOL . I'll be waiting for the 1895 ones.

·
Super Moderator
23,693 Posts
Great job with the video Navajo!

Glad you guys liked that.
First time I ever did anything like that.
I enjoyed it.

You really have to see this product 1st hand to appreciate it.
We're lucky to have had the opportunity to test it.
I intend to order several.

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In my humble opinion this is possibly the best RPP product yet and I plan to order them for all my Marlins as well. I have tested mine extensively including attempts to break it but it is a solid piece of manufacturing. Adam were you able to made the improvements in V 2.0?
Yes sir! All the feedback was very useful. Thank you’

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
This gate works awesome. As navajo stated above, you really have to try it to appreciate it. I tested it in my 444 and it was effortless loading which is a welcome change with the 7 round extended mag tube. I then put it in my 2006 336 MXLR 30-30 and again, what a difference! If you can describe feeding a side gate mag tube gun as "butter smooth" then this is it. Doesn't even seem like the same rifle anymore. When first installed, I loaded and cycled it 20 times repetitively, that's 100 rds, and my thumb didn't feel any different stuffing #100 in then it did the first round. I left it in the MXLR because I'm really digging the two tone look as well. I'll be upgrading most of the "fleet" with more of these. Maybe Adam will offer them in bulk packs! :wink:

20180429_173730.jpg

1 - 20 of 133 Posts