Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made my way over here from Leverguns, as soon as I did I got Marlinitis; Now I've always had a problem with leverguns; bought a 336 30-30 with chore money as a kid and got me a buck that fall, mostly been shooting pistol calibers since then plus some 444s. So after getting Marlinitis this morning I had to remedy myself at the gun store and picked up an mod. 30as. Has a crossbolt safety, but has a half cock, looks like it was carried often shot little and put up wet, just a little rust specks, some bluing missing on the edges, dirty bore but crown is good, action and trigger is smooth. This is exactly the project gun I wanted, those puny sights will be the first to go, then refinish the stock (theres a great tutorial just posted today), bird flus not near as contagious as Marlinitis...Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Welcome aboard, HG. You'll find plenty of camaraderie and lots of useful information here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WyoStillhunter, Thanks, I go to Wyo a couple of times a year out your way, I camp and hunt SW of Tye Siding. We go into Laramie to clean up and shop; gotta keep the wife and daughter happy.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Welcome indeed. Hope you join in and share your knowledge.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Welcome to MO

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yep, that's my neighborhood. Give a holler via e-mail when you have your next trip scheduled. We can meet for coffee or even go out to the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts