Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never find what I'm looking for but I think $499 for a stainless 1894 Marlin in 44 mag
is a pretty good price. It's JM stamped and new and unfired in the box.
I really want a 357 mag but this one is brand spanking new old stock.

My only concern is the fit on the rear stock you can fit a credit card in the space
between the wood and the receiver.
So that's a concern, I did check and it is stamped JM on the barrel.
Other than that it's super clean and I think the price is good.
What say ye?

I could probably buy it and resell it....

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
DO NOT let that get away. That is an outstanding price. You could easily double or even triple your money if you opt to resell.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Don't walk, run back to that shop and get that rifle. If you come across a .357 down the road you could always sell the .44 and buy the .357. Or keep both:biggrin:.

·
Registered
839 Posts
With both feet, pit bull on a pork chop, or any of the other sayings that imply, OH HELL YES! You can always use it as trade bait for the CSS and be so much farther ahead than paying some of the more common prices for the stainless 44.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
C1, I'd be waiting at the door in the morning for that one. I might even go back tonight and camp at the door till they open up in the morning.:driver:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trouble is my wife wants a 357 mag pistol and that's money and I want an 1894 in 357 Mag.
It's a great deal on the gun but the stock does have that gap. Other than that it's
cycles really nice.
I was really tempted but no way I can justify spending more money on something
I won't shoot.
I also am going to put my Springfield EMP 9mm up for sale just so I can put that money
towards the pistol my wife wants.

It's a killer price, I told the guy so. I hope he doesn't raise it as a result.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually the gun my wife wants is this one.
It's $1,200! I think I taught my wife a bit too well
about guns. :flute:
She likes the GP100 but this is for silhouette competition.
She doesn't like the Thompson Contender grips or balance.
170319_01_md.jpg

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Sir your wife has excellent taste in weapon systems. Go make her happy:). My wife would be happy if she wanted stuff like that lol

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife is a great shooter and would be a lot better if she had more time to practice.
I get teased a lot about her being a better shooter than I am.
But I was the one who taught her. :biggrin:
Here is a video of her shooting a 454 Casull with a scope for the first time.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
C1
You could buy it and send it here too.

That S&W is sweet and the wife has good taste! I want the same but in 44, 629 Competitor O YEAH! :marchmellow: :biggrin:
Is it in the log cabin lokin shop? That's where I seen my first 629 Competitor....

BloodGroove4570

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
That's a great deal on the Marlin. Too bad you can't swing it. Your wife has good taste in firearms!

Mike T.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes the pistol is at Shooters Outpost. They have 2 of them in stock.
I am going to put my EMP 9mm on consignment there tomorrow.
Hopefully it will sell soon and that should give me enough with what
I have saved to buy the 686.
I'd love to have a 627 even if they are heavier but those are tough to find.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
First off, go get that dang rifle!

Second, your wife handles recoil like a champ. She's one tough lady!

Congrats.

Brocky

Reactions: Condition 1

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, yes my wife is a Hot Ticket! :biggrin:
Sadly I have no video of her shooting the 500 Magnum from the last shoot.

I had a Marlin Owner PM me and I'm going to try and help him buy the gun.
I just can't justify buying another 44 Marlin when I bought one 2 weeks ago.
Hopefully that will all work out.
I have to call the dealer and see if they will ship to his FFL.

Reactions: russell4570

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been tempted (and am still tempted) for a 44 magnum carbine (Marlin 1894, Ruger 96/44, Ruger 99/44) although I prefer a .357 Magnum. I finally found a Marlin 1894C a couple of years ago after about a year of looking. I kick myself for passing up Ruger 96/44's I came across in the $400 range during that time.

I recently got a survey from Ruger and they hinted at possibly making another lever gun or a sem-auto carbine in .357 Magnum or .44 Magnum. Perhaps we will see a revival of the Ruger 96/44 or 99/44 (or even a 96/357 or 99/357 since they now have a rotary magazine.)

I had a S&W 586 with a 8" barrel. It was a beautiful blue finish. It had a problem, that I later found out to be common for some S&W revolvers. Some primers are too hard and it would misfire. I had a problem with my hand loads and CCI primers. It was also bit front-end heavy and I didn't like how far back the trigger is when shooting in single action. I would have to change my hand position depending on if I was shooting double action or single action. I finally traded it.

I now have a TC Contender (gen. 1) in .357 Magnum 10" and .41 Magnum 8". I especially like the Pachmayr Grips with the finger grooves (Gripper Professional). The trigger is right where I want it.

I been tempted to get a Ruger GP100, but I think I am going to have the same disappointment of the single action trigger location as I did with the S&W.

I shot a Chiappa Rhino not too long ago. Very comfortable to shoot. I really liked it, but it's a little expensive and I'm not sure about the reliability of the complex trigger mechanism. People falsely believe it has less recoil. I felt the recoil to be as stout as other .357 Mag of the same weight, but the muzzle flip was very low, making follow up shots much quicker.

I also have the Ruger LCR in .357 Magnum which I like.

Actually the gun my wife wants is this one.
It's $1,200! I think I taught my wife a bit too well
about guns. :flute:
She likes the GP100 but this is for silhouette competition.
She doesn't like the Thompson Contender grips or balance.

Reactions: Condition 1
1 - 20 of 36 Posts