Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That's a fine hunk of walnut! Take your time with it.
I would keep the original alongside the new stock while working on the stock to match it
Sand a little then compare the two.
Good luck, looking forward to seeing the finished product!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The original looks like an early 336A stock, not a bad thing, but not like the early deluxe 1893's either.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This is a borrowed picture of close to what I'm shooting for, only the long bolt can't hit the sight staff,so mine has a base that sets the staff further rearward. Also the wood is equally beautiful, but quite different.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got some good work done on the forend too! Didn't take any pictures yet. Nobody has weighed in on the forend shape yet either, straight and ultrathin like an1893,or slightly fish bellied, like a first variation 1936?

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Got some good work done on the forend too! Didn't take any pictures yet. Nobody has weighed in on the forend shape yet either, straight and ultrathin like an1893,or slightly fish bellied, like a first variation 1936?

Thin. Not quite as thin as the 1893?

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Coming out nicely!

Reactions: Strugl4xsc

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Okay, another decision to make, since I have chosen to go with the elegant one year only forend shape of the beautiful first variation Marlin 1936; should the buttstock have comb fluting, and a Bullseye,or no fluting and no Bullseye, no flutes?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts