Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I'd better jump on that Marlin STP I ran across, so I picked it up yesterday. That is one cool little gun, and they are not easy to find, apparently. I just did a Guide Gun video not long ago, but I'll do something with this one before too long, other than just play with it in a Vlog, as we did yesterday.

By the way, I saw a comment in a thread here somewhere where a guy was saying that he wished I'd post my videos here. I've seen that comment before on other forums, but I'm not sure what that means. I don't even like to announce on the various forums I visit that I've done a video unless it's relevant to some comment or answer I've giving. I feel like a huckster or something. Besides, how would I "post" a video on a forum? I could post a Link to a video, but I don't fully understand the issue, I guess. Anybody can do that.

Everything is right there on my YouTube channel, but sometimes I get the impression that people can't get to it unless I post it somewhere else? Anyway, I'm confused, but that's not necessarily something unusual. :)
Thanks,
Hickok45

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Congrats on the rifle......where's the pics? ;D

BTW, I enjoy your videos too!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, not too surprising for a "heavy lead" addict like myself. I guess you might be a ******* or a gun nut if you have four different .45-70s. I really thought I'd end up with the cowboy version of the Marlin 1895 as my next .45-70, but these little things are just too cool for school! This thing is actually more convenient a "Guide Gun," I suppose, than my real Guide Gun.

Hickok45

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I found my 45/70 GS over a year ago at our local Western Auto and bought it, and on the way home I got a call from the local gun store who said they got a 45/70 "Trapper" in. I swung in and it was an STP and about an hour too late! Looked like a very nice gun to pack around the back country! Still at the end of the day I liked my GS better, (or at least I told myself that as I had just bought one), and its definitely true there is something about laminated stocks that just doesn't quite do it for me...
I'll be sifting through your semi auto videos with my eye out for the next chapter of HEAVY LEAD! ;) ;D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats on your decision to get that STP! Marlin only made 501 of them. I'm not sure what they meant the STP to stand for but I'm going with Short Trapper Power myself. You're going to absolutely love it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations on your new rifle :)! And I'll use this opportunity to say thank you for hours of good entertainment :)! Love your videos and I admire (I should probably say envy) your shooting range :)!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Checked out your site also, pretty cool

·
Registered
661 Posts
Congratulations on the new lead cannon.

Just the other day I was fondling a SS 16" 45-70 at the local shop and got to thinking about how to swing the purchase, even though I have a tricked out GBL back home.

I have to admit to watching your vids while I was waiting for my loading components for the GBL. Really helped to take the edge off during that difficult time. ;)

Please link here or let us know when you do your vid on the new roscoe.

Hell... let us know ANYTIME you make a vid. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have a lot of videos we want to do this summer. I'll probably have to rely on someone else to keep watch and post links. I'm usually buried just doing the videos and keeping up with communication at YouTube.

Thanks for watching.

Hickok45

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hickok45 said:
We have a lot of videos we want to do this summer. I'll probably have to rely on someone else to keep watch and post links. I'm usually buried just doing the videos and keeping up with communication at YouTube.

Thanks for watching.

Hickok45
Congratulations on the new gun. Keeps us posted on how she shoots.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Congrats on the new 45-70 Hickok45 :)

There is no such thing as too many 45-70's ;), I have 2 myself...my next one will be a T/C Katahdin Pro Hunter...or a Sharps replica (having trouble deciding)

To the guys asking about Hickok45 posting videos on the forum...just create an account on YouTube, log in, subscribe to his YouTube channel, then you will get an occasional email telling you he has a new video :) (thats how I keep up with his vids and radio shows)..You do not have to use the account for anything...but it will allow you to be notified when he posts a new video.

I'm just saying that its probably simpler and less time consuming for Hickok45 if you subscribe to his channel...Hope it helps!

I'll be lookin forward to the video with the new punkin chunker :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ridgerunner665 said:
There is no such thing as too many 45-70's Wink, I have 2 myself...my next one will be a T/C Katahdin Pro Hunter...or a Sharps replica (having trouble deciding)
I had the opportunity to shoot a Pedersoli Sharps replica in .45-70 a few weeks back. I really want one! I just love the way that the block slides in to place, and the feeling of thumbing back that big hammer.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hickok45 ,

Nice rifle!!! 8)

I never even gave it a thought that you might be a member here!!!

My boy Drew and I are big fans of yours!!!
We've been watching your videos for quite sometime!!!

Not sure if you're aware of our Team .45/70??
If you're interested in joining we would be honored to have you as a member!!! 8)
We could also use you as a ringer in the postal match competition!!! ;) ;D

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hickok45 said:
I decided I'd better jump on that Marlin STP I ran across, so I picked it up yesterday. That is one cool little gun, and they are not easy to find, apparently. I just did a Guide Gun video not long ago, but I'll do something with this one before too long, other than just play with it in a Vlog, as we did yesterday.

By the way, I saw a comment in a thread here somewhere where a guy was saying that he wished I'd post my videos here. I've seen that comment before on other forums, but I'm not sure what that means. I don't even like to announce on the various forums I visit that I've done a video unless it's relevant to some comment or answer I've giving. I feel like a huckster or something. Besides, how would I "post" a video on a forum? I could post a Link to a video, but I don't fully understand the issue, I guess. Anybody can do that.

Everything is right there on my YouTube channel, but sometimes I get the impression that people can't get to it unless I post it somewhere else? Anyway, I'm confused, but that's not necessarily something unusual. :)
Thanks,
Hickok45
Have fun with that new STP!
Watch your videos all the time,still like the one with the Browning 1886 45-70 the best, after watching it I had to go out and track one down,took a while but found one and your right there actions are as "smooth as milk"

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
Hickok45

Congratulations on your new 45-70

I enjoy watching your videos, and I wish I had a range set up like yours.
You keep them vid's comming and I will be watching.

Thanks
Reload

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, I'm a member on probably 15 gun forums; I just don't get as much chance to browse around as I used to. You all don't think a someone who's as big a gun nut as I could have just suddenly appeared out of nowhere a couple of years ago, do you? :) Of course, if I were not a computer person, I guess that could be the case, but I've been an avid computer user since 1981 with an Apple II. I used to spend a lot of time on the forums getting and giving information. It's always been a great resource, and now with YouTube, it's even better.

Thanks,
Hickok45

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats on the STP and welcome to our tiny club.
I love mine.

Jim

1 - 20 of 30 Posts