Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While most of my firearms are blued steel & wood, the thought of a light lever in stainless steel has been in the back of my head for the past year or so. I'd still like a 44 mag but ran across this JM 45-70 for a great price. The local fella that let me buy it purchased it new and installed Xs ghost ring sights, a wild west happy trigger, bear proof extractor, & aluminum mag follower. Then he shot it less than two boxes and I guess it's been waiting for me ever since
I'm really impressed with the improvement in the happy trigger over a slicked factory trigger.

I had the stainless frogged 1907 sling, and 45 cal cuff sitting in my blem box and think they've found a permanent home on this rifle.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good find. Looks like you also have the saddle ring safety eliminator. What's the paracord used for on the ring?
I added that, because I like em. It's just a piece of leather lace to keep it from clanging. Always entertained the idea of make a single point sling that used one and that leaves that option open to me as well!

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
Gorgeous.....simply gorgeous !

·
Registered
423 Posts
That will thump ya with a 405gr! Great looking, especially with your sling and cuff. I especially got a chuckle out of the book.

·
Registered
20,502 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful rifle and nice job on the pics too! :tee:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Great pics on a sweet rifle!!

Just picked up a similar one... Did you shoot her yet?

Congrats!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulations!! That's one gorgeous rifle!

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats, very nice rifle. I've never owned a stainless rifle, but might have to fix that one of these days... :biggrin:
Enjoy!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hogs in the Delta have no chance now! Enjoy I love my GS.

Ken TN

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
That is an awesome looking rifle! I want one!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great. Just got me a JM 189tGS last week. I always preferred blue because I hunt with my rifles. I couldn't pass it up though. I love the butt cuff and saddle ring. Gives me some ideas for mine. I may put a camo skin over the stainless but haven't decided yet. Think I'll have to wait and see. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
We need a "drool" smilie for just such occasions..........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts