Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
jaeger8.jpg new jaeger.jpg jaeger10.jpg jaeger7.jpg jaeger6.jpg jaeger5.jpg jaeger4.jpg B55-E9-E30-D439-4018-858-A-AB7-AE9205062.jpg jaeger3.jpg

here is a custom jaeger I just bought from a man off of the muzzle loader rifle forum. it was built almost 20 years ago by master gunsmith "Steve zihn" he is a custom gun builder in Montana, it is a 62 caliber. and I think it is one of the best looking flintlocks I have ever saw. this is his photos of it I haven't got it in my grubby little hands yet. when I do I will post my own photos and give a range report,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh she is riffled, with a Colerain barrel. It has a Chambers English round-faced water proof lock and Chambers white lightning liner. he said it will shoot 1 1/2in group at 100yds he shoots with with the Montana flathead muzzleloader group. here is one of there videos, they have a lot of videos and they are all good.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Artistry, craftsmanship and beauty all in one very functional historical package. About as good as it gets.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fran the man posted it on the muzzle loading forum, he asked if anybody knew who built it? the man that did build it almost 20 years ago contacted him. he said he didn't sign it because the original owner didn't won't it signed when he was done building it, so the man I bought it from sent it to him and he signed it like most builders do. I asked if he wanted to sell it? he pm me and said he would! I have always loved the jaegers and I currently have one, he said they just didn't fit him, so we made a deal, I have to tell you a gun like that ain't cheap. but I just couldn't let it go.

·
Registered
618 Posts
" I have to tell you a gun like that ain't cheap. but I just couldn't let it go." Worth every penny! That is a nice rifle!!

I'm betting it is already becoming a part of the family! There is nothing like a hand built, beautifully finished rifle to show family and friends, letting them enjoy the fit and finish of wood and metal. I'm betting it shoots as well as it looks. You should be proud!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Very nice Jaeger. It has classic clean lines, the kind that carving and engraving only enhance.
Some of the best longrifles are being made today.

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
Outstanding workmanship. Beautiful to look at, and you can to be very proud to be its new owner.(y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts