Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I just purchased my first lever gun.

Unfortunately, I've searched all over the internet and have not found any information about the model number on this rifle.

The gun is a Marlin, labelled:

The Marlin Firearms Company, North Haven CT. USA

Mod. GA 30 Micro Groove Barrel Cal. 30-30 Win.

The stock is smooth, no marking/engravings, but there is a half dollar size round brass plate on the right side of the butt stock with a moose head in the center and "Limited Edition Great American Game Series" around the edge.

It does have the hammer block manual safety and a gold trigger.

Any ideas?

I purchased it used in very good condition with a fixed 4x Tasco scope for $200.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well I am not as savy on all the differant Mods of marlins as alot of the guys that cruz this forum are, but all I can say is $200.00 :shock: Sweet Deal! :wink: good for you! did you shoot her yet(the gun not your mother in law). Post a picture if you can I shure would like to see it. Roadhouse.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congrats on your deal.
Any limited edition Marlin levergun in nice shape for $200 is a steal.
Marlin does limited runs for many different preservation and conservation foundations and they are usually 1500 or less, so you have a collectors piece there.
Keep it in nice shape as it is already worth more than you paid for it.
Ranger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rifleranger said:
Congrats on your deal.
Any limited edition Marlin levergun in nice shape for $200 is a steal.
Marlin does limited runs for many different preservation and conservation foundations and they are usually 1500 or less, so you have a collectors piece there.
Keep it in nice shape as it is already worth more than you paid for it.
Ranger
Thanks.

I found the Marlin repair shop phone number on Marlin's site and called and asked them for details.

With the serial number they were able to tell me that this was produced in 1992 as a private brand for a company in Chicago called Cotter & Co.

It is the equivalent of a 30AS, with Birch wood stock.

So I think I got a good deal. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Now for the fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts