Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recieved pix. Rifle looks a little rought to me. Sorry for the awkward way I posted them. I am not very computer savy.

Howdy Folks,
I need some education on this rifle. I have a friend who knows I am looking for a 39A. He just saw a New Haven 39A and tells me it has a Micro Groove barrel and looks like a Marlin. He says it's in very good shape and the shop wants $300 as is or $350 with the ejection problem fixed. I am figuring the rifle was made for a group like Western Auto (Western Field) or a smaller group. Can anyone shed any light on this rifle.
Thanks,
TacoFrank

Attachments

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
Go look at it and get more info.A pic and serial would help

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Buy it now!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am figuring the rifle was made for a group like Western Auto (Western Field) or a smaller group. Can anyone shed any light on this rifle.
Thanks,
TacoFrank
What makes you think that? Honestly, you're not giving us very much info to go on. The price sounds nice with or without an ejection problem.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Looks like a good $.300 investment to me! If you decide not to buy it please let me know where it is and I'll go get it. Since we're both here in Kansas ya know...

Reactions: unclesarge58

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think you did exceptionally well. It looks quite a bit older than a 1983 model to me. I have a pre-microgroove one very similar to it that was made in 1952. Your looks like a 1953 or 1954 model to me. At any rate, it is a very nice rifle and should be quite accurate.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I snoozed and I loosed ! Damn. I called my buddy at the gun store and told him I decided to take the rifle. He had a customer looking at it while I called. He called me right back and said the guy bought it.
Some time you just plain screw up.
TF

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have my sympathy. I suppose this has happened to most of us at one time or another. But don't give up, there may be an even better deal just around the corner!

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
I get tickled when people put down guns that they are interested in and think about it. Most times when you go back that gun is gone, unless of course it is just plain junk.
Sorry you lost out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts