Marlin Firearms Forum banner

New guy

1K views 30 replies 30 participants last post by  Model700 
#1 ·
Hi Y'all
I just got me a practically new 336CS. Someone advertised it on the gun club site and I decided to look into it. Someone selling it after father passed away. The gun has not had a box of ammo through it, came with a Tasco 3X9 with see through mounts and a carry strap. Great deal. Can't wait to sight it in. I've been walking the "back 40" with a Winchester model 94 for the last few years. Hunting for Deer (or Moose if you are one of the 30 lucky buggers to get drawn) around here is bow (includes crow bow), a few weeks of Muzzle Loader, couple weeks of shotgun with slugs or buckshot. My land has about 40 acres of mixed bush with meadows and fields. All in hay right now. Besides Deer, we have some Moose, Wolf, Coyote, Fisher, Wild Turkey (season opened yesterday), all kinds of birds and you don't need to ever leave the 100 acres. How sweet is that??

Looking forward to walking the back 40 with this new Marlin lever action. For long range, I use a Sako TRG 22.

Cheers,
Grizz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.