Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for all the input, gents. I think I'll wait on the trigger replacement til I've shot a few boxes through it, per your recommendations. I'd read on several forums that folks love the WWG trigger, but since mine's new, maybe the trigger isn't so bad.
Also, my understanding is that the "Remlin" ones were limited to 07-09, then Remington fixed their quality issues. To my eye and hand, this one feels great, but I've never shot a JM 1984c for comparison.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The trigger on my 2 Remlins is pretty good, very crisp with a nice feel. I think the are both about 5 lbs. I have a 2018 1894c 357 and a 2015 1894 44.
I'm in the shoot it / put some rounds through it before you make changes camp.

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
Also, my understanding is that the "Remlin" ones were limited to 07-09, then Remington fixed their quality issues. To my eye and hand, this one feels great, but I've never shot a JM 1984c for comparison.
You got the story wrong. 2007-2009 firearms are North Haven, Connecticut made genuine JM Marlins. Production moved to New York April 2010 and since then quality has been in the dumpster. It's hit or miss, with some rifles perfect, and others junk. Remington has yet to resolve their quality issues.

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
^ That's different from what other blogs say (imagine that- inaccurate info on the internet), but I'm hoping mine's a good one. :)
An Illuminating Trip to the Marlin Firearms Factory - Whitetail Trackers
Freedom Group acquired Marlin Firearms, Inc at Christmas 2007, taking control New Years 2008. All Marlin employees stayed in place making Marlins, Remington wrote the paychecks. North Haven Marlin was gradually shut down, and in April 2010 all production moved to Ilion New York. They fired 260+ Marlin employees to save money. After quality and quantity fell off the cliff, Remington and Freedom Group had to explain away their monumental mistake, so blamed their horrible quality issues on Connecticut Marlin. It's all lies, and you'll see it all over the Internet. If you want to read the story of the Marlin Tragedy, written by a Marlin employee, go up to the MARLIN RANT thread, and read the sticky "Marlin..... the true story". The whole tragic mess is in there.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts