Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon from AZ!

I was just gifted an 1894. It is stamped "JM" and lacks a safety. Round barrel that is just a bit longer than the magazine tube. And, in 357.

A friend had it sitting in his safe for years. From what I can tell online, it's a good edition of the 1894? Still looks brand new.

Really excited to learn more about it!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Welcome. You will like all the info here. If someone gave you an 1894, especially in 357, you are a lucky man. Post some pictures, and post the first few of the serial number, and you will have info coming in from all the experts here.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio.

You got a good one there.

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Welcome from Central NY !

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Welcome from SW Arkansas. You have a good friend indeed. A pre-safety 357 will bring $850 to a $1,000 around here.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Yeah, those from 1980 & thereabouts were real pieces of junk. I'm sorry you got stuck with that piece of crap. Roll up a picture of Benjamin Franklin & insert it into the muzzle and send it to me. I'll take that embarassment off of your hands. It will be our secret. I try to help out the new guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the additional information all around and offers to take the poor thing off my hands. :) Sounds like I got more gun than I had anticipated.

Now, the more esoteric question - I was planning on shooting this and running it as my woods gun. Since it is brand-new and unfired, does it make more sense to sell it to a collector and purchase something different?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.