Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
hello my name is chad barnes from phx az.. i bought what i thought was a marlin 1894 in 38-55. i had to make a snap decision and i thought it was a really good deal and i did as much pre due diligence as i could.. i used this sight and others and found it was very good..so i pulled the trigger..pun intended

ok here is where i'm at... i got it home its the octagon long barrel with the full mag tube.. its stamped 38-55 and it says marlin safety.. sn is 89401

thats it.. there is nothing else on the tangs or anywhere else

i ran that number and it says made 1893.. soooooo what do i have... i cant upload pix my computer broke and i'm on a browsing google chrome book i should have a new computer in a few days... however i can text pics from my phone..

ok this is the part where you tell me i have a super rare prototype one of one and i don't need to got to work on monday... or ill settle for just what gun i got

tnks in advance ... chad

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i can text a pic to somebody.. also will try to maybe upload from another computer.. my second question is its not marked on the barrel smokless or all that other jazz the guy i got it from said he had shot modern ammo...????

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all.. i forgot to say last patent date is 1889.. its in pretty good shape.. ive been cleaning it.. i keep cleaning the barrel/bore not really sure exactly the difference and just keep running the brush down it then some rags and its cleaning up nicely.. i sprayed some clp down there and was gonna let it sit over night. any thaughts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
awesome tnks.. another member offered to post my pics.. i texted him this am and i assume they will be up... not that i'm above shameless pandering but it seems that this board is a lot more friendly than the others i have experienced. i was on a walther ppk forum and posted a pic of a gun a got sn# 29 and some old grumpy crotchety curmudgeon with way too much time on his hands jumped my stuff saying i was trying to sell... i had no intention of selling not did i mention the word sell or selling. some other member offered to buy it so they kicked me off... go figure...lol...

thanks again .. chad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.