Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wandered on and registered . Longtime lever fan, been jonesing for a carbine in a pistol caliber. Just picked up a Marlin 1894 in 357, made in 1982. Think I'm gonna love it. Looks to be in mint shape, I was shocked when I looked up the serial # and saw the date. Seems like a good forum.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! Shoot the heck out of that 357 -- I love mine! John

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!!

·
Premium Member
28,790 Posts
I think its the best one. Lots of good people on here.You get a chance put up a picture of your new rifle. And welcome from South Carolina. Gunrunner,,

·
Registered
595 Posts
welcome from cape coral florida

·
Banned
20,659 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome from PA, but would rather be where the people above me are; Florida, South Carolina. Been getting so much snow up here!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, all. Thanks for the Welcome. Should have mentioned I'm in Vermont. Snow you say???

Have always been a "Winchester 94 guy" (hope this ain't blasphemous and if so my Tenderfoot status gets me some slack) being a southpaw. Seems like everybody in these parts owns a lever action 30-30 as a basic part of their tool kit. I have been wanting a lever gun in .357 since shooting a buddy's Browning 1892 many years back. Our Fish & Game Club runs an annual gun show, and I work every year in the kitchen. One of my motorcycling friends has a table there every year, right near the food stand, and we always look forward to seeing each other and catching up. I walk up to say hello, and there is this 1894 in 357. Bob only sells nice stuff, in exceptional condition and usually asks for the long dollar, and gets it. "Hey, hey, glad to see ya. Dang.... I should buy this Marlin." "Well, if YOU want it take $100 off the price." I happened to have cash with me I'd been squirreling away, "just in case".

I've read about quirks with feeding ammo on these, but realized that it was a score so I snagged it 2 hours before the doors to the show even opened. Got home later and discovered this site. Looks like any "issues" with these are solidly covered here which is great!! What a sweet little rifle, yet solid and beautifully made. Probably gonna go out later when the snow stops (July?) and set up a target in the 12 foot snowbank out back.

Honestly, I was looking for a Rossi but am so pleased that I saw this Marlin. Planning to use it as a fun shooter, camp / hiking / travel companion and maybe even take along occasionally in the deer woods when I'm feeling like I want to travel light and leisurely.

Thanks again for your Welcome. Got a feeling I'm in for a lot of fun.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Welcome to MO from Wyo.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome from TN, Lonnie.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest - MARLIN® COUNTRY!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts