Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Welcome aboard from a NJ tax refugee now living in DE. Any pic's you can share?
Welcome to the 2 new guys Ron and Gary. Pictures of those 35's would be appreciated.
First off, thank you all for the welcome.
For those who asked, I put pictures and some information on my Marlin 336's in the 336 picture thread page 66. 2 posts, one of my 2 guns and 2nd, the 336 I gave to Ron Clegg's son.
336 Picture Thread | Page 66 | Marlin Firearms Forum (marlinowners.com)

Reactions: levergunx1

·
Super Moderator
15,958 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

Reactions: Wink_man

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
Welcome from Central NYS !

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Welcome from central VA! I am a very big 35 Rem fan also--I have Marlins, Remington pump rifles, and also a Traditions Outfitter single shot in that great caliber.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome Wink_man from Colorado. Yesterday I added a 35 Rem to my Marlin collection - I'm now up to 2 haha. Can't wait to shoot it if I can find some ammo.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome, Ron and Gary, from SW Washington. I too had "hung out" at other forums, one particularly attractive to truculent members, before finding MarlinOwners. I have and shoot lever rifles but most of my guns are the non-lever type. But no worry, interests on this forum are just as diverse as those found on other forums. Feel free to post and share about anything and everything. We do like to share and learn the technical stuff but, in truth, we are all here to entertain and be entertained.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
New guy here, old, shot, and worn out, but still trying to live like a free man in Communist New Jersey.

I usually hang out on 24 Hour Campfire and found this site due to a post about someone needing a "bullseye", and my buddy needed one.

I was never much of a lever action fan, but I had never handled a Marlin 336 till about 2 years ago.
And was always a .35 Remington fan having a 760 pump in .35 Remington.

So I now own 2 336's, both in .35 Rem. I had 3 but gave one to my buddy's son, 1972 vintage, also a .35 Remington.

Mine are 1960 & 1980, both set up with Weaver Pivot mounts the 1960 having a Denver Redfield 4x with post/crosshair and the 1980 an El Paso Weaver V4.5 variable with the tv ocular lens.

Definitely very cool and fast handling rifles and love the feel and fit of them. My dislike for levers occurred 50 years ago when I bought a Winchester 94 and couldn't stand it, but the Marlin 336 is an altogether different animal and I just love the fit and feel of them.
And welcome from commiefornia, I’m looking forward to breaking out of the gulag soon!

·
Registered
60 Posts
New guy here, old, shot, and worn out, but still trying to live like a free man in Communist New Jersey.

I usually hang out on 24 Hour Campfire and found this site due to a post about someone needing a "bullseye", and my buddy needed one.

I was never much of a lever action fan, but I had never handled a Marlin 336 till about 2 years ago.
And was always a .35 Remington fan having a 760 pump in .35 Remington.

So I now own 2 336's, both in .35 Rem. I had 3 but gave one to my buddy's son, 1972 vintage, also a .35 Remington.

Mine are 1960 & 1980, both set up with Weaver Pivot mounts the 1960 having a Denver Redfield 4x with post/crosshair and the 1980 an El Paso Weaver V4.5 variable with the tv ocular lens.

Definitely very cool and fast handling rifles and love the feel and fit of them. My dislike for levers occurred 50 years ago when I bought a Winchester 94 and couldn't stand it, but the Marlin 336 is an altogether different animal and I just love the fit and feel of them.
Welcome from South Ga.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts