Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here, old, shot, and worn out, but still trying to live like a free man in Communist New Jersey.

I usually hang out on 24 Hour Campfire and found this site due to a post about someone needing a "bullseye", and my buddy needed one.

I was never much of a lever action fan, but I had never handled a Marlin 336 till about 2 years ago.
And was always a .35 Remington fan having a 760 pump in .35 Remington.

So I now own 2 336's, both in .35 Rem. I had 3 but gave one to my buddy's son, 1972 vintage, also a .35 Remington.

Mine are 1960 & 1980, both set up with Weaver Pivot mounts the 1960 having a Denver Redfield 4x with post/crosshair and the 1980 an El Paso Weaver V4.5 variable with the tv ocular lens.

Definitely very cool and fast handling rifles and love the feel and fit of them. My dislike for levers occurred 50 years ago when I bought a Winchester 94 and couldn't stand it, but the Marlin 336 is an altogether different animal and I just love the fit and feel of them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome from communist Michigan! I have 2 Marlins, 336C in .35, and a 1895 in 45-70. Love them both. Have no interest in an AR, carried a M-16 for too many years in the Marine Corps.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Alabama... Did you find your bullseye? Member Dawei here has them...
Yes, on the other site they had Dawei's name and address listed with info to send 6 dollars to him with a note to the effect that a bullseye was needed. I passed the info to my buddy and he mailed out a letter to him with 10 dollars enclosed this afternoon.
And thank you for the welcome. Garry

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Welcome to the dark side from New Hampshire. Glad to have you aboard.

Reactions: Wink_man

·
Registered
20,410 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gary
New guy here, old, shot, and worn out, but still trying to live like a free man in Communist New Jersey.

I usually hang out on 24 Hour Campfire and found this site due to a post about someone needing a "bullseye", and my buddy needed one.

I was never much of a lever action fan, but I had never handled a Marlin 336 till about 2 years ago.
And was always a .35 Remington fan having a 760 pump in .35 Remington.

So I now own 2 336's, both in .35 Rem. I had 3 but gave one to my buddy's son, 1972 vintage, also a .35 Remington.

Mine are 1960 & 1980, both set up with Weaver Pivot mounts the 1960 having a Denver Redfield 4x with post/crosshair and the 1980 an El Paso Weaver V4.5 variable with the tv ocular lens.

Definitely very cool and fast handling rifles and love the feel and fit of them. My dislike for levers occurred 50 years ago when I bought a Winchester 94 and couldn't stand it, but the Marlin 336 is an altogether different animal and I just love the fit and feel of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to see you joined Ron.
This is my buddy Ron, the guy who managed to lose his bullseye and whose son I gave my one Marlin 336 to.

Ron also is the proud new owner of a recently acquired Marlin 336 in .35 Remington.

I think we're going to have to see if we can draw some blood with these 336's this year in the coming deer season in upstate New York !!!!

·
Super Moderator
33,998 Posts
Sweet! Two new members and friends at that!

Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.
Now that both of you joined watch out theirs no cure for marlinist! Save your dollars you will need them!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hello Wink_man and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Levers are awesome!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome from Pa. I am also a pretty big fan of the 35 Remington in Marlins. If I looked around real hard I might be able to find 4 or 5 of them😉

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the mostly free hills of Western Wisconsin. Some of the large cities are communist enclaves but we are holding our own in the rural areas!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts