Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello yall, and thanks for letting me be apart of the forum. Short story about me. OIF vet served from 07-14. Native Texan of the European variety. I've owned several Marlins over the years some that have been traded off. I currently own a 92' 336CS 30-30, a 00' Ported 1895 in 45-70, a 06' 1894C .357, and now as of this week a Ruger made 1895 SBL. All have been great shooters that often are used for hog hunting here. Well the SBL hasn't made it out yet, but will. Anyway I'm glad to be here and learn as much as I can.
Musical instrument Wood Shovel Garden tool Line
Plant Automotive tire Tree Wood Twig

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to have you here on the forum....from another Texan....you sure have a great start on a Marlin collection. All you need now is a 39A .....keep posting
I most definitely agree with you on needing a 39A. I got a Henry .22 a few years back to fill the roll in the mean time, but my eyes are peeled for a deal on the Marlin.

·
Super Moderator
10,856 Posts
Welcome ---nice lever gun collection ! Been curious about those new Ruger made Marlins.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome ---nice lever gun collection ! Been curious about those new Ruger made Marlins.
I haven't had it long, but it appears to be a solid rifle and definitely on par with my older guide gun in the fit quality. I've only have run a single box of ammo through it, but no issues with cycling. Very smooth. Trigger isn't as good as my older one, but it will break in some I'm sure.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DEAL.....there's no more DEALS on Marlins......
They are few and far between for sure, but they are still out there. Of course our definitions of a "deal" may vary. I picked up my 336 last year for $450. I felt like that was deal considering the times. Just a right place right time situation.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts