Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently joined the forums after a friend of mine talked up the wealth of information that resides here. Gotta say it certainly has been great for a greenhorn like myself! Already have learned a lot.

I find myself living in the lee of the nations capital and all its quirks here in northern Virginia, though, like everyone else here, I'm a transplant. In my case, 'home' was the mountains of Vermont, where I grew up hunting whitetail and flyfishing for brookies with my Dad and Grandfather. Now I do mostly fishing excursions with a group of friends to various trout and smallmouth hotspots for 'guys weekends'. Looking forward to adding some hunting trips now that I've become the proud inheritor of quite the treasure trove of firearms, archery equipment, and flyfishing poles. Since I'd like them to pass along to my son someday as well, I figured membership to this forum would help me better use and care for the collection.

I do admit that at this point I only own a couple of Marlins, including a nice 39a from 1960 with a MicroVue scope that I bought at a gun show. So far, most of my old pieces are Winchesters (Model 94 and Model 12). But, I'm looking forward to expanding the Marlin portion and I'm sure you guys will help me do so. ;D

See you on the forums.
DryMan (so named for my preference for top-water fishing with dry flies)

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome from TN. I think you'll find a wealth of info here and we'll even forgive you for owning Winchesters :).

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Premium Member
6,502 Posts
Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi Dry Man, I live in NE Florida near Jacksonville. I like to flyfishing, salt and fresh water fishing and hunting. My maternal grandparents were from Washington DC. I moved from NYC in 2000 after being in the trade center on 2/26/1993 when the trade center was bombed. Welcome aboard. Marla

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Super Moderator
15,870 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest -
THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" COUNTRY!!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Even one from my old stomping grounds of DFW! We were stationed at Carswell there back in the 80's when my Dad was serving in the Air Force. Lived out on the way to Benbrooke. Good times. Still have a craving for some good TexMex now and then.

Good to be part of such a great group.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from Piedmont North Carolina, home of the Tar Heels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts